• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Mower Deck

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all! I’m looking to get my mower deck ready for the spring, and I’m trying to figure out everything I would need to get it up to snuff. It’s a model 483U-1111. I am picking up a mule drive and carriage this weekend (thanks KHarvey!), what else do I need to get it 100%? I plan on replacing the rear wheel brackets and wheels.

It looks rough, but I hope it will get me through summer so I can rebuild it this upcoming winter.

Also, is this even the correct deck? This is what I was given when I bought my 149.

Thanks in advance!

Kyle Vick

Attachments

• 8E676FE4-930C-45E0-A286-A19AB369ACB4.jpeg
    8E676FE4-930C-45E0-A286-A19AB369ACB4.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 61
  • A6D401CF-1FF6-48D8-9B07-AC9E3FCE8BAD.jpeg
    A6D401CF-1FF6-48D8-9B07-AC9E3FCE8BAD.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 66
It looks like the deck that came with my 149.

Check the spindles for smooth rotation. You should probably remove the spindle belt and check them individually. Grease the spindles. Try to wiggle the blades/spindles to check for bearing wear. Inspect the drive belt and spindle belt and pulleys. Check the blades. Sharpen the blades. Check the tensioner spring for wear, tension, and operation.

Back