• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Mower deck hanger question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harmstrong

displayname
Harley Armstrong
Is the slot on this part factory or is it worn? It's really hard to tell because it''s so symmetrical.

Attachments

• 20200625_113246.jpg
    20200625_113246.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 408
  • 20200625_113310.jpg
    20200625_113310.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 410
The slot is factory but it's worn on the one side. The later sub frames had tabs welded on to make a wider bearing surface which helped slow down the wear. The rockshaft on the tractor that the slot slips over will also have some wear. Here's some images from two mower deck manuals that show the slot.

cubmow08.jpg

Note the tabs on this later version:

Mower_xxA_21.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Harley - in the first pic that Kraig posted it shows the slot all the way against the frame cross bar. Your slot is obviously worn close to the open end of the slot. Don't worry about your subframe not sliding all the way onto the cross bar. They typically don't. The airbrush artists at IH were notorious for drawings not quite correct. Just ask Kraig. Maybe he'll even start a thread just for "drawings not quite correct". :cubwinker:

Hydro, I believe when the deck is fully raised it is nearly fully into the slot, as the deck is lowered it moves to the outer edge of the slot. As most mowing is done with the deck lowered and typically in the float setting, most of the wear occurs at the end of the slot. And yes the brochures and manuals have all sorts of airbrushed drawings and photos that are not quite right.

Well Kraig - you got me on that one since I can't run out an look. Maybe some of the other guys on here will have a look at their mowing deck sub-frames with the deck raised and lowered, and then report back if the about the position of the cross-frame bar in the slot.

I used a mirror and my flashlight to inspect the rod this part mates with. There is a little wear, but it is minimal. I expected to find a lot worse. Now to repair the slot and see how it goes.

Back