• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Mower deck fitment to a 1712

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcook

displayname
Bill Cook
Hi guys, I have a question......

I'm wanting a mower deck for my 1712, and the price of the deck shell alone for a 50C style shell, has me wanting to go slightly more modern.

The 1712 is the CCC version of the 782 with the aluminum transaxle and with the front hydraulic ports as standard equipment.

Will the 54" deck from a 1864 cyclops style tractor fit the 1712?
79265.jpg

It looks like the lift carriage for the 54" deck is different than a C style deck to jive with the front lift points being in a different location on the deck shell....

Will the 1712s standard mule drive work with the 54" decks lift carriage?

What other modifications will need to happen?

Thanks in advance!

Bill, the charts in the Attachment Guide does not list that as a match. Doesn't mean it can't be made to work but you may have to do a bit of modifying.

79334.jpg

Bill,

I've done that, 54" on 782...It can be done, but it takes work and it's tight...BUT....It's a grass cuttin' machine!!!!

I'll post more tonight, with pics.

SB

Bill,

I have attached some pics of one of my mock-up mountings, I made a few more modifications after these pics were taken.

79388.jpg

79389.jpg

79390.jpg

79391.jpg

79392.jpg

79393.jpg

79394.jpg

Final Modifications...

79395.jpg

79396.jpg

You need to use a 44/50 front mule drive (updated 1864 version will not latch in the QA hooks) and the smaller idler pulleys. To keep the deck speed correct you need to install a 44/50C "speed up" center drive pulley. The drive belt will need to be custom, I used a NAPA/Gates B section belt (can't remember the length off hand). The subframe works OK, but the hangers off of the 1864 are way too long, I used an offset 44/50C hanger and a straight adjustable hanger off of a 44A deck subframe.

The deck is too long (fore/aft) to allow it to slide out the side like the 44/50 decks, so you must jack up the front end of the tractor to install/remove it.

There will be clearance issues with the front tires if you have a regular 782 front axle installed. If you install a super steer axle (off of the 1864) this should go away. I modified the front of the deck, rolling the lip up in several places by heating if woth a torch and beating the hell out of it. I have clearance with my tire combo, but you may not.

The good news is, with Gators and a good leveling/tune the GT54 deck is a grass eating SOB...sounds like a windtunnel under the tractor and eats grass until the Mag 18 barks and starins against the governor.

Thanks for the chart Kraig!

Thanks for the pictures, and detailed info Steve!

Back