• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Mower deck and plow will not extend but retracts fine

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 18698

Can anybody give advice on how to troubleshoot my model 782 Cub Cadet mower deck will not extend any longer by using the lift and extend handle? Retracts just fine. During the summer months in NC when it's warm the hydraulics will bleed down and extend over night. Did read about somebody pulled the fuel tank and polished the piston on the control valve connected to the lift handle and corrected his problem. Mine did not help after I did the same. Thx.

Am I reading this correctly? A 782 with manual lift, or hydraulic? Mine had the valve come out of place, and when I peeked behind the tower, it was obvious what to do. Just align it with the rest of the mechanism.

Matt said it much better than I did.

Am I reading this correctly? A 782 with manual lift, or hydraulic? Mine had the valve come out of place, and when I peeked behind the tower, it was obvious what to do. Just align it with the rest of the mechanism.
Hi thx for the reply. It hydraulicly operated . I pulled the fuel tank to gain access to the control valve where that the up and down lever is connected to. I had previously read that somebody had corrected fixed the same problem by polishing the piston. I didn't have any luck. I do appreciate your reply sir but it looks like everything is aligned

Back