• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Motorcycles....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty _ Sorry to hear of the loss... I also have found two wheel ambling to be a great medicine - as mowing the lawn is,also.....
beerchug.gif

OK,

It's time to get the bikes back to the top of the page. Finally got mine cleaned up today after the soaking I got on the 11th.

243778.jpg

243779.jpg

Checking on some new pipes also. Gotta get rid of the trumpet look.

Fooey,
All the weather forecastors said today would be a beautiful day, and for the first time in a month they had a 0 percent chance of rain for the day.
n00b.gif
stupid.gif
dunno.gif
It has been cloudy all day, and rained for most of it!
facepalm.gif
jester.gif
I feel like calling all of those dummies
screwloose.gif
up and saying: "Look at your crummy radar, you idiots!"
angry.gif
bottom.gif
swear.gif
rant.gif
Oh well, guess i'll play on the internet today.
snacks.gif

Where's everybody at? Out riding?
If anyone shows up, check out the website: RB racing. They have a 113" Turbo ORCA engine that will fit in most stock and aftermarket frames with around 350HP. If you want to go big, they have a 139" Super Turbo ORCA full race motor that uses double ceramic ball bearing turbochargers rated in excess of 500HP!
yikes.gif

There are a bunch of interesting articles on this site. Go to the price page last, it's a doozie!
As for me, I will just order the LSR 2-1 chrome, slash cut exhaust for mine. I'm tired of the trumpet look, and cutting my hands on the hose clamps that hold on the heat wrap when I clean it up.

Heres my new ride, a 2012 XL1200CP
246303.jpg

Will be getting its first offical run in on 10-6 during the charity ride for joshua's camp being sposored by the Spokesmens MC of Augusta Wi.

Lonny - Congratulations!!! My Street Glide's had a little down time for most of the last three weeks - I pinched a nerve in my back and don't really think I should be riding while taking Norco... Very nice looking scoot....

GERRY - My Buddy & His SON went for a bike ride about two months or so ago. They were actually up your way! The circled around avoiding Chicago, then up thru the center of Michigan, across the Mighty MAC bridge, west across the UP, then down thru the center of WI. They stopped in one morning about 8 AM. Buddy was riding his brand new Victory cruiser, SON was on his H-D cruiser. The Victory was nice, lets say... comparable to a brand new Camaro, and the H-D was a '69 Z-28.
Not sure why my buddy bought the new Victory.... He has THREE now, a '99 1500 touring bike, '04 I think Arlen Ness limited edition Vegas, and the new bike. Plus his wife has an '03 Vegas.

Dennis:
A friend that lives here in MI and also close to me in FL has a Victory on each end. I do not care for their styling, but do like that big tall V twin... He'll never ride again after hitting a movable concrete barrier at about 60 MPH last winter - he's walking again now, but the cast engine crash bar on the Victory folded back and crushed his left foot - he now wears an 8 1/2 left foot, 10 1/2 right.. The accident wiped everything off the left side of the Victory. He says that he put his wife through so much and since she never wanted him to ride in the first place , he'll never ride again. He was riding at least 25 K a year.. In his garage at home up here , he's also got a 3 cylinder Triumph Craig Vetter Special.. He's sold a beautiful 55 ford with a wild 292 Y Block, a genuine Shelby Mustang and a first year Viper that he walked down the assembly line.... May get on the SG today, see how much the back (actually my butt and lower leg) hurt.. Today will be a special day for different reasons too......

GERRY - I bet You, Me, and your friend could have an awesome afternoon talking cars, bikes, etc. I always wanted to watch one of the cars/trucks I ordered get built... maybe some day! But watching a first year built Viper would have been great!

When my buddy bought his first Victory 10-11 yrs ago I thought long and hard about getting another bike. Biggest Victory dealer in WI was about three miles across the corn fields from my house, Buddy's Wife's '03 Vegas came from there. With the H-D home & heritage here in WI, I'd have probably got a Sportster.

Wife & I liked going for 2-up rides on my old Yamaha RD-350. But with today's drivers talking & texting while driving 65 on these roads, I'm kinda scared driving anything that weighs less than 6000#.

In the 70's the next door neighbor had an RD350.... wow.. I always wanted a KR replica RD400. Just read in Cycle World that with new tech, 2 cycles may make a comeback. Big news however is the new Honda 700 NC700X "Greeny" which is almost a standard, definitely not a crotch rocket - they're calling it revolutionary / wave of the future .... 70 MPG...

My RD-350 was a '73 model, first year I think, bought it summer of '76 right out of college. Guy I bought it from was a UPS driver and two years later a co-worker! 6-spd trans, was a fast bike for it's displacement. I had it over 100 indicated MPH a time or two. You had to like to shift a lot though. And some how the baffles for the mufflers got cut off really short. One Sunday afternoon the local Police officers in my home town thought it was making too much noise and pulled me over. I showed them the baffles were in, they looked at me cross-eyed and let me go. It would rattle windows in the down-town business district of my small home town. ;-)

IMO, the '73's were a great looking bike, pic's here,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_RD350

In '74 Yamaha went with day-glo colors, orange, and a sickly green, not near as sharp looking. My Buddy's Dad had a green '74 that only had 1000-2000 miles on it I could have bought cheap 3-4 yrs ago. But pushing it from my Buddy's place to his Dad's place about 2/10ths mile the morning of the auction was enough fun for me, flat tires, dragging frt disk brake... I didn't even get a bidding number.

Yep, back in the 70's Yamaha was pretty bold, going racing against 750 CC bikes with a little 350, the TZ-350.

The RD was a nice street bike for a 2-stroke, had oil injection, no mixing gas/oil, and a quart of oil went a long l-o-n-g way. Most times I got around 35-40 MPG, if I'd have slowed down a little it would have been better, but not near as much fun.

The day some lady pulled right out in front of me while she was leaving the laundromat and I bounced off her left front fender while I had both wheels locked up trying to stop, even had my headlight on... I decided that maybe I'd be better off going back to dirt bikes. Fast forward about 5-6 yrs to 1983 and I found my '73 Ossa, and even though it hadn't run for 3-4 years, I couldn't pass it up for $100. Had it running an hour after I got it home, the replacement Mukuni carb was really dirty, but simple to clean/rebuild.

With today's electronic engine control systems, electronic fuel injection, I can see 2-strokes making a come-back. They may have to put cat's on the street bikes, but I guess they want to put them on weed-wackers too. 70 MPG is pretty impressive!

Ohhh Speaking of impressive, former co-worker would ride his Honda CBX to work on nice Friday afternoons every once in a while, he worked 2nd shift. Talk about a sharp bike... those SIX exhaust pipes just catch you eye!. With a little coaxing I think somebody could have bought that bike, it was really clean and ALL original.

I thought I had this on here already, but aparantly not. '03 Softail Standard with a couple pieces of chrome. You know now that I think about it the only think that is left stock is the frame, forks and the gas tank.
1a_scratchhead.gif

246459.jpg

246460.jpg

Chuckle for the day......
The "Winter Resort" (looks like a trailer park to me) that I'm in is managed by a friend. They have a place up here and live about 9 months of the year down there. She manages the park, he works in it, but rides, too. He got tired of hauling a trailer back and forth and just bought a nice used Kawasaki Mean Streak for down there. Bile came with Cobra Shorts and no baffles. Park Manager (wife/boss) told him to get baffles in it - it was louder than my bike, or the 1700 Yamaha that has a set of long shotguns and no baffles. ( "Yes Dear") .....
clappy.gif

GERRY - Bikes HAVE to be LOUD! People don't notice them even with their lights on, so it's a matter of self-Preservation!

I guess I'm a back seat or "Shotgun" driver, was riding with a female co-worker years ago, pulling out of a parking lot and she almost pulled right out in front of a bike onto a city street, looked right at it and didn't see it because she was looking for cars. I said something and she stopped in plenty of time, but I could tell she didn't see the bike & rider at all.

One morning years ago I was on my way to work, turning left onto a rural Interstate entrance ramp, had to yield to oncoming traffic. I almost pulled in front of a bike, he had marker lights beside his headlight and the spacing made it look like a 1-eyed car a longer distance away. Good thing I gave it a second look. The street light reflected off some of the bike's chrome which tipped me off it wasn't a car.

Neighbor and his wife both rode to Sturgis about 5-6 yrs ago. While riding around Sturgis in broad daylight somebody pulled out in front of them and the Wife hit the vehicle a glancing blow, shattered her leg. She had 4-5 surgeries, had bone grafts, several pins, and is now finally able to walk with a cane. She was in a wheel chair for over a year. People look, but just don't see motorcycles sometimes.

246492.gif
Dennis F, about bikes need to be LOUD. I have been a passenger on many a bike and its amazing the cars that will pull out right in front of you, seemingly to never see you coming. After being a passenger, it certainly gave me a different perspective and I have always done that extra take looking for bikes since.

It amazes me though, the bikers that DON'T dress for riding.
246493.gif
I Wearing shorts, short sleeve or sleeveless shirts. always wore coverage. When riding with a friend who had a harley, he always made me wear leather, head gear and eye gear. One could NOT be safe enough.

angel.gif

Dennis - Bikes don't have to register 120db @ 25 feet... I ride a noisy bike (RDX slipons on the 103), but I even put baffles in my Yamaha after my hearing started to suffer (wearing a FULL helmet). I like to listen to the pipes, but when they're THAT loud, they're too loud. I know my riding brothers will cast me out for this heresy, but we're giving ourselves a black eye with too loud, loud pipes. Another thing to remember is the pipes are pointing away from the A-holes pulling out in front of you, they're only really effective for the ones behind you... I pulled along side a cager not long ago, watching him carefully because he was giving signs of being brain dead and sure enough, he started to pull over into me... including after I rapped the pipes - this was on the 1100 Yammie with Cobra longs with no baffles, not long before I traded it off for the SG...

The real truth is - if you don't ride like all the cagers are out to kill you, one of them will - I'll do things like slow down when coming to a cross road, if there's a car approaching the stop sign; I never ride on their rear quarter; I rarely if ever dim my headlights, day or night; and I've got super bright LED's in all the turn signals, taillights and brake lights on the Street Glide. I never assume the cagers know what they're doing, I ride fast and stay away from anything with more than two wheels and even shy away from the two wheelers if they look like newbie posers...

(My "Evil Twin" Cushman has straight 2 into 1 pipe and while it sounds really great when doing the idle along fairground thing, it is amazing what a even lawnmower/generator engine will sound like when cranked).

Gerry Ide

A friend gave me this because he does not need it anymore and I know I can.No more back and forth fighting with over 700 lbs +. put the Nomad on this and roll it in place.I saw a weight rateing of 1250 lbs so I`am good .

246797.jpg

246798.jpg

This was to good to be just that easy!!! .Seems a Harley(officers special(all the goodies lol) must have a short wheel base.This is only 78.5" long and the Nomad needs at least 84 ".I will have to add a bunch so the Nomad will sit on it.
bash.gif
Dang I thought a Harley had a longer wheel base than my Nomad cruser! Gerry ide
1a_scratchhead.gif

Back