• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

motor mount

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubs4lifeofme

20211007_190935.jpg
20211007_190935.jpg
Are these the correct motor mounts for a 1862 cub ? it looks like a piece of pipe.

Attachments

• 20211007_190929.jpg
    20211007_190929.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 96
My 782 had one of those left. The other three were MIA. Upon installation of the new spacers/bolts, the threads were loctited to prevent future issues.

Why? The twin cylinder engines are VERY smooth compared to a single No need for them to be rubber.

Maybe so that when the bolts come loose, those tiny mounts don't gouge their way into the oil pan/crankcase. One of mine in a 782 had cut a groove into the engine. I used 1/2" nuts instead of those factory motor mounts to distribute the load over a greater surface area. The height was off slightly, but it had to be better than with one mount nested into the engine like it was.

The engine was removed when I bought it, so I have no concept of the use/abuse that allowed this to happen.

Sorry if I sound harsh. I'm still a little shocked and bitter about it.

The 582 I got had no motor mounts. Motor was bolted solid to the mounting plate. Twin L head 16 hp. Rebuilt it and put in my 782 the same way it came out of the 582. Hasn't run much but so far so good.

Latest posts

Back