• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Moose r us/ccspecailties

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen S.
We live on Hwy 71, that takes thousands of people by our place going to Itasca State Park.
You know, the place where the Mississippi river starts.
We've had people from 47 countries order after going by in a tour bus saying they saw our old sign and ordered when they got home.

Hwy 71 is the 3rd busiest hwy in the state in the summer!
The other 2 are interstates, LOL

The new one will say the same as the old one did,
But it won't have the flow through ventilation, LOL
292803.jpg

I got ya spotted on google earth this morning. Lots of other buildings on that property also? Are you going to make a grand tour video some day?

Charlie-
Nice sign!

Kraig-
Nice Tam o' Shanter!
roflol.gif

Is that an Old-Town canoe? My dad has a similar looking canoe that is made by the Old Town company.

Art, thanks, that Tam o' Shanter is better than wearing a Kilt.
icon_eek.gif

293575.jpg

Here's another photo of me wearing the Tam o' Shanter for your amusement. Taken on the Namekagon River on the same trip back in 1993 as the photo I posted below.

I have never been able to verify the brand of canoe. My best guess is that it is a variant of the various "Huron" brands as it shares the most features with those, particularly the rawhide laced seats, but it still has some differences. The shape of the bow and stern are unique on this one and I have only found one or two others that share it's shape. By "shape" I am referring to how far back and how high the bow and stern curve back towards the center of the canoe in the profile view. It does have a S/N stamped on both the bow and stern "stems" in ink another oddity that I've not found a perfect match for. Huron canoes were made in Canada, here's a LINK with more info on them. And ANOTHER LINK with more info. I posted years ago on the Wooden Canoe Heritage Association's forum WCHA Forum asking for any info on it but at that time no one could ID it other than to say, perhaps it's a Huron due to the rawhide seats. Some day I'll ask there again, perhaps they can now properly ID it.
dunno.gif

293576.jpg

A good photo showing the bow and stern profile.

293577.jpg

A shot of the serial number stamp.

Funny how things stick in your mind even after all this time.
It was hard to sleep last night waiting for 4:00 A.M to come and go!!!!!

I thought it fitting that on our 2nd anniversary of the burn down, I'd post a pic of the new sign I put up last week.
299948.jpg

299949.jpg

Congrats Charlie and the Mrs Proctor, glad you made the comeback

From this end, those two years have flown by, but I know it's been a long two years for you & a ton of work. Congrats on the progress - it's an amazing place. Like the phoenix rising from the ashes...

Charlie, wow has it already been two years!? Great job on the sign.
thumbsup.gif

Greg, have you seen the pictures of Charlies eagles ? Yes, the Phoenix has risen ! Great job Charlie. I think many of us would have 'crashed and burned' with this burden that you have overcome.
groupwave.gif

Charlie-
That's a GREAT looking sign. I do have one question though. No "CC Specialties" sign? Aren't we good enough for you?

Congrats on the 2-year mark. You deserve it. Now, let's get crack-a-lackin' on some repro 169 mufflers!
Shift.gif

Art,
I thought about putting up a sign, but then every Tom, Dick, Harry or Art would pull in wantin stuff, so I nipped that idea in the bud!
biggrin.gif

Charlie, one of these days I'm going to have to make a trip up to visit. I will call ahead first though.
happy.gif

Charlie-
DON'T compare me to Harry.
bottom.gif

LOL!!!

Oh, and if Kraig calls, telling you that he's coming up. ASSume that I'm in car too.
wink.gif

I think everyone here knows that they are Welcome anytime up this way!!!!!
beerchug.gif

Even though I don't drink it, there's always 3 kinds of beer and other cool tools in the fridge just in case.
thumbsup.gif

Charlie P. Congratulations on getting everything up and running again. Love that sign.
happy.gif

Back