• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Moose r us/ccspecailties

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice store Charlie. I like your choice of the Metal Halide lighting also.

Charlie-
Nice looking "store" you've got there.

Speaking of wood-stoves in garages/shops, I don't know what golden-words you guys are using with your insurance agents, but when I called our agent (State Farm) to ask what it takes to get a small wood-stove allowed in a garage space, the lady got REAL beligerent with me and said, "Well... If you even try it, we'll drop all of your coverages instantly. And if you decide to do it without telling us and there was ever a fire anywhere on the premises, we can (and would) force a non-payout so you'd have to foot the bill for your entire house if it went up in smoke if we found evidence of a wood stove in any garage/shop space after the fire. Still want a woodstove in your garage now?"

<font size="-2">I got the message, but she certainly didn't have to be a JERK about it!</font>

At that point I said, "Wow, thanks! You've been a tremendous help today." and hung up the phone.

bash.gif

Art,
The problem with what you told her is the GARAGE!

That being said, State Farm will allow wood stove IF they are UL listed and the cost is $40.00 extra a year.

Now back to the garage.

Any time there is a chance that a car, gas can or any other flammable liquid has the possibility of being stored in said garage, that throws a red flag!

State Farm says that IF you do have a stove in the garage, it has to be behind a door of some sort to keep fums from cars, trucks, GT's or gas cans from creeping the fums towards the stove because of the draft when you open the door.
That would be a PITA to open the door to fill the stove, close the door behind you, fill the stove, open the door to leave, then close it again, LOL.

Now if you had said, we want to add a UL listed wood stove in the basement or to an out building, she would have said no problem, or should have.

I just had a neighbor go through the same thing.

NOW if she tells you something else, she's a bare faced liar!!!!!

Call the home office and ask them to get the real scope.

We STILL have SF and will till next May.
They are not going to renew our policy because we've outgrown the home based business thing and SF does not do commercial any more.

After I got the stove installed and running, they sent 3 guys out to check things out and they were impressed with the installation and safety precautions that were in place, which I did not have to do. I did them for OUR peace of mind, LOL

IE:
4 hour firewalls, smoke, fire and motion detectors(if the stove overheats, it vibrates), the exhaust system, wiring and fire proof spray foam at all wall penetrations.
Plus the Halon system that Just came this morning that's going to get installed in the next few days.

Charlie,
The store/shop is looking great. Glad to see everythings finally coming together. Looks like that would be a fun place to have a shopping spree. Grab a shopping cart, 60 seconds and keep whatever you can load into the cart.
drool.gif

thumbsup_old.gif

Charlie, that place looks great. I'll bet you look forward to "going to work" every day in your new digs!

Well done Charlie! I cannot believe it is a year later.

Nice to have a "clean slate" restart and you are doing it very well.

My house was new 45 years ago and the wife and I are both hoarders. No more space to put things. Sometimes if I remember where I had stored something, its easier to go buy another, than trying to get to the old one!!

Enjoy!

Next Inovations called to have us come look at the new sign progress.
It's going to 10' x 12' when it's all put together.
292767.jpg

292768.jpg

292769.jpg

All I can say is WOW Charlie. I really like that. Reminds me of when I was a teenager.

Charlie - tie your shoe....

Great pictures and website - I just subscribed to the newsletter, never know what I might learn. My son's house, while not a cabin is done in a rustic decor. After looking the website over and seeing how much there is there, I'm surprised your wife allows you to do any Cub part hunting at all - looks like we are even more lucky than I imagined that you continue with the Forum here - thanks! (and Merry Christmas to you and yours...)

Charlie is there going to be any lighting behind the sign?

It looks good so far

Charlie, I just realized that the canoe on your new sign looks like the one I have. Mine is approximately 90-100 years old. I got it free from a family friend in 1979 but it was in need of some repairs. I had to replace one broken rib and a bunch of rotted planking and then re-canvas it. Here's a photo of me with it along the Namekagon River in Northern Wisconsin circa 1993.

292774.jpg

Gerry,
I did after we got home, LOL

Jeff,
It's double sided and going out by the highway. And yes I'm planning on lighting it.

Kraig,
It's pretty close!
292786.jpg

Jeff, I'm thinking they may have.
a_blink2.gif
It appears that the one on Charlie's sign is painted with rawhide laced seats rather than woven cane which is the norm for wood canvas canoes. My canoe has the rawhide laced seats, which is the same as traditional snowshoe webbing.

292788.jpg

292789.jpg

Latest posts

Back