• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Montrose Fall Plowday Oct 10-11

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkittock

displayname
Kyler Kittock
The date is set. Same place but there will be no plowing at the farm site this year. Need to let the field harden up after being plowed the last 10 years. It will be based at the farm with boy scouts serving burgers and such. Plowing will be down the gravel road a mile or so. 68 acres of bean ground. No rain date

Sounds good Kyler! Thanks for the info.

Who is planning to go to Montrose?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Sweet! I'd like to make it but I'm not sure if it will work out. We'll see how the schedule plays out...

I plan on being there Friday night if there will be night plowing, and Saturday also.

What time in the evening does everyone start showing up for the night plowing?

Looks great Vincent! Wish I could make it over tomorrow. Have fun and take some pics if you can.
Shift.gif

The weather was perfect. Plowing as perfect. I forgot to charge my phone so I didn't get many Pictures this year. There was only one problem too many Green machines! Us cub guys need to step it up Ha Ha. Thanks again Bob!

Here are a couple pics of the tractors we brought. The pics got pretty small ay 100kb sorry. There is a green one on there but its not a Deere....
290956.jpg

290957.jpg

290958.jpg

Matt--thanks for the pics. You guys haba perfect weekend for plowing weather wise and it looks like you capitalized on it! Nice looking set of tractors, are those all yours? Your "little lady" is a cute kid! It is amazing how they like to be with Dad even when he is playing with "his toys"! Did she go with you to the plow day or just help you load up? Thanks for keeping the camera handy and sharing. Remember if there are certain pictures that you want posted in a higher resolution you can always email them to Kraig and have him put them on here in a larger format...

Tell me about that Bolens--year, model, engine, etc???

The whole load belongs to us, we have allot more in the shed. All three of my kids and my wife were there on Saturday. The oldest boy (8 yr old) plowed with the 1650 most of the day and drove his little Wheel horse some. The 5yr old drove his little Bolens around and also tried plowing a couple rounds. The little 3 yr old girl rode around in the wagon. I think I will be needing to set up some more plow tractors for next year.
The Bolens is a 1956 Ride-a-matic with a 4 hp K-91 Kohler in it. I believe it has original paint on it and we have a front reel mower for it.
I have more pictures on the camera that I will try to post tonight.

Thanks Matt for saving us - meaning I may have forgotten my camera at work on Friday, and I may have forgotten to take much for pics with my cell phone. I'll get a couple pics put on here later this week(busy teaching a service school).

FYI that little Bolens and the other Wheel Horse were sure nice! Your kids(wife too) seemed to have a blast!

Here are a couple more off of Mary's Phone. I decided I need to find a diesel super Cub after watching some diesels blow smoke.
290977.jpg

290978.jpg

290979.jpg

290980.jpg

More great pics Matt! Your son looks right at home on that tough looking QL! Good call on having your family all there for the event. The million dollar question is, "Did your wife plow a few rounds?"

Back