• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Model H-900 Groundsaw

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfunk

displayname
Paul E. Funk
A fellow contacted me through my website wanting to sell a NOS H-900 groundsaw. It was manufactured in 1968 and had never been used or mounted on a tractor. I purchased it from him, and he had it shipped to me by Fastenal. And as a plug for Fastenal, it was shipped from Washington state to southwestern Indiana for $150. I thought that was pretty reasonable considering this thing weighs a little over 300 pounds.

I got it mounted on a Cub Cadet but still don’t have the hydraulics completed. The original design requires that I cut a large hole in the front grill for mounting the pump. It was supplied with a coupling for the pump to be cantilevered on the front of the engine crankshaft. I think I’m going to try to belt drive it off the front PTO so I can engage and disengage the pump. Since this thing is only going to be used for show, it doesn’t have to be a real substantial connection. I don’t plan to ever put it in the ground!!

I’d like to save the original patina. Do you think Clear Coat would do that or does anyone have some other suggestions? Here’s a couple pictures:

291875.jpg

291876.jpg

Paul F., awesome! I have no idea on how to preserve the original patina, other than to store it indoors away from moisture.

Paul,
Clear coat is used by the "rat rod" clan of street rodders to preserve the rust, uhhh patina, of the vehicle, should work for a ground saw. Is this your second one?

Dang that thing was in Wa. and I missed out on it. Of coarse I would end up using it and ruining the patina. Nice score Paul, if you can't tell I'm a little jealous.

Paul B. Yes, that is the second one. The first one was just the opposite -- worn and rusted. It will get used, but this one will never see dirt.

Doug, yes, it came out of Washington. Apparently the guy lives close to Spokane. I calculated that with gas at a little less than 3 bucks a gallon and my truck getting 20 mpg, I could get about half way there on the $175 that Fastenal charged. It was a no brainer.

Back