• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

model 86

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janteau

displayname
jeff anteau
hey all
I'm wondering why I don't see any posts on model 86 is it a bad tractor or just on the low end of the totem pole?

Part of that is because they are so rare. There are a few guys who have posted about their 86 model.
Do you have an 86? If so, love to see it here!

They aren’t very common, but there’s nothing wrong with them.
They were just the bottom spec model and most people spending big bucks on a high end GT wanted to step to the much more common 10 and 12 hp machines.

As mentioned they are rare but still a nice machine. I had one I sold to another enthusiast, but it was a really handy chore tractor. Nothing wrong with one.

thank you to all that replied.Yes I have one that was given to me 20 yrs ago by an old landlord he thought it was scrape. Ha!! that thing used to mow through a foot of grass with just that 8hp kohler I'd like to see if it would pull a plow it needs a restoration but 9yrs ago I got rheumatoid arthritis and it's destroyed my joints so I've been a little slow getting to it but I will.The wife thinks I've gone nuts I tell her that the cub cadet bug is far worse than RA but in a good way. thanks again Jeff

Oh yeah, it'll pull a ploy. Usually you run out of traction before horsepower. If all you have are the turf tires, then add a set of chains. You'll be surprised how well they work. Hope the RA holds off long enough for you to get some services done and then time for plowing!

Back