Model 70

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

I am having trouble dating and identifying my latest project. It looks like a model 70 and other identifiers like a k161 and console/dash but the only #s I can find where it’s supposed to be is 385058r1 on the transmission and they are upside down to boot. In all my cadet connections books shows it’s like a 71-73 year model. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
A few photos would help us ID it for you. Here's a link to the CubFAQ entry for the serial number location(s):

CubFAQ Serial Numbers

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
As David mentioned, take a wire brush to the square pad, also check the area to the right of that.

CC SN.jpg

If you post a photo of the lower front of the frame rails, or check there for the existence of quick attach mounting points. If they area there it would either be a 72 or 73, if there are no quick attach mounting then it could be a 70 or a 71.

balbrecht

displayname
Brian Albrecht
If it has that serial number and a K161 then it's a Model 70, unless someone has changed the engine from a 10hp 100 back to a 7hp. There really isn't anything else other than the engine that would allow you to differentiate between a 100 and 70 of that vintage. Later model 100's would have a different steering wheel (plastic), but at that serial number I'm not sure the steering wheel change on the 100 had been made yet. Nice find.

Latest posts