• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Model 60 restoration

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Project is complete save for back bumper. I am short 4 carriage bolts. One thing about living where I now do - it's a 15 mile drive to the hardware store instead of 15 blocks! Try to combine trips these days. have the mower deck restored just haven't mounted it. Now I will start to tackle the 95 electric that was sitting outside for probably 20 years!

Attachments

• 20220407_161642.jpg
    20220407_161642.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220407_114615.jpg
    20220407_114615.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220407_114441.jpg
    20220407_114441.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 62
That is really neat!!...I bet someone with a small yard would just enjoy the heck out of using that to mow. If I had one that purdy, I'd be out every day measuring the grass with a tape measure looking for a 1/2ish inch so I could get back out and play! 🤓

Very well done 👍😎👍

Thanks, this all started with my steep narrow yard sloping to the lake. Hard to push mow, constant backing and turning with a yard or garden tractor and to steep for a zero turn. People have had serious accidents... so I found out Snapper was the only current manufacturer of rear engine riders with their low center of gravity. Their rubber friction disc drive would last about 15 minutes here. I have a 122 Cub Cadet and didn't even know about these bathtubs. Thanks to Jim picking up my 85 special, I got hooked. You put them in 1st gear and just chug up and down hill. My wife and son even enjoy it-but like you said, I look for a reason to play! I have a restored 60, a complete but not currently running 75, my 85 Special daily mower and a 95 electric basket case.

Dang ! That´s more then a Great Job ! Make it nice & easy using the Reverse Gear since the Camshaft could break like on mine !
I`m still searching for a replacement engine . Does anybody out there want to sell one ??

I never knew those had rear bumpers. The front bumper on the one we used to have was chromed

Looks great!

I believe that both bumpers were optional. I had a pair on a parts 75 that were Chrome all rusty and flaked off. I ground them down and painted them black. I had cut the holes in the front shell for the optional blade. I have a blade that is missing brackets and lift rods - another someday project. I just wanted a bit of protection from trees etc on a restored fiberglass body. I like the look of the bumpers so does Jim!

I think the bumpers are what may drive me to get a bathtub mower-B&S powered! I never could get along with Tecumsehs.

That really looks great I am working on my 55 that I bought new in 1974 and now just got it running and moving. Do you know how to check the lubrication level in the gear box after sitting for 25 years. Thanks

You need to take it apart it uses grease - specs in the repair manual. I found a tub at O'Reilly that was similar. It is pretty easy to disassemble as both shafts come out as units -held my snap rings. Just note the shims present and put back the same way to keep the end play and clearances. Clean inspect and reassemble. Place the recommended amount of grease in the cavity. I found that if they were sitting and water got in it rusted and ruined the pinion gear. I went through probably 10 transmissions before I found one. The Foote brand transmissions were used by several manufacturers but parts are nla. I have a large salvage business close. I found a nos unit on eBay and ended up buying it. Since then, on the tubs I have collected, they have been fine. It seems they are protected from water intrusion if they are still installed with the body, pulley etc. Good luck-just follow the repair manual procedure-you will be fine.

Back