Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Model 12 16 gauge

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Stevenovick1

Model 12 16 is a special gun. Built off the 20 gauge frame. So it’s lighter than a 12 gauge. And oddly enough lighter than the 20 gauge. Because they cut off some weight off the 20 frame to create the 16. It’s quick swinger. And when you aim gun it’s there for an instant shot

Stevenovick1

I’m afraid it might be a “widow maker” When you pump it may shoot a shell unexpectedly. My Browning A5 12 is the same way. Never put butt stock down loaded. Hence the name “ widow maker” boom Good bye head.

jhartwick

displayname
Joseph Hartwick
Ajay Model 12 16 gauge I’ll post pic tomorrow. It’s vey nice too. For a 1956. I’m originally not a gun guy. Been archery Hunter since 21 years old. Went hunting in gun season. But always did better in archery. My grandson 6 and I’m 56. So I feel the need the last 3-4 years to buy him and I Guns. So Saturday opening day of Black Bear season. (Archery) not rifle. But since there is a Bear booming problem here in Pa. They opened Inline muzzleloader same day. So wish me luck. Muzzleloader it is. Headed to the big Mountains.
Potter county. If I do anygood. I will post pics.
I was born in 1956, so your model 12 is a good vintage (LOL). You mentioned that old guns are beautiful, I just got a Stevens Savage model 320 12 ga pump made sometime between 1927 and 1939. The tight grain walnut stock on it is something you would have to pay extra for today, but was standard back in the day. It's been a very long time since I've posted here, but you mentioning a model 12 in 16 ga really caught my eye. I've been looking for that exact same gun for almost 2 years over in the eastern part of PA (hello neighbor!) Best of luck hunting this year!

Stevenovick1

Out East I just drove back from Germania Potter county . Stood in rain all day Bear hunting with an In-line. It was Miserable

Latest posts