Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Model 12 16 gauge

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Jay Fetters

Those finnbears are awesome rifles. I have a couple in my collection as well. I really have a soft spot for Sako and Weatherby rifles. Make sure the bolt is clean, and I mean clean. A lot of those just sit in a safe for years and the bolt will gum up with dust, old grease and oil. This causes light strikes on the primer and eventually failure to fire.

PACub100

Did I miss something?...what calibers are they in Steve? :unsure:

I haven't hunted in years but I really like my Remington 788 7mm-08. My dad bought it used for my first rifle when I was 14 because it was cheap enough. Added a Tasco 4x scope as well. I've found that in the woods, that scope is perfect. Plus out in the open it suits me rather well - never needed anything bigger. My dad liked the caliber so much he bought one in a 700 BDL and bought another one for my sister.
I'm surprised the 788's became collectible now. Mom surprised my dad and found him one chambered in 6mm (what he's always used until he got the 7mm-08 BDL)...

Stevenovick1

Ajay Model 12 16 gauge I’ll post pic tomorrow. It’s vey nice too. For a 1956. I’m originally not a gun guy. Been archery Hunter since 21 years old. Went hunting in gun season. But always did better in archery. My grandson 6 and I’m 56. So I feel the need the last 3-4 years to buy him and I Guns. So Saturday opening day of Black Bear season. (Archery) not rifle. But since there is a Bear booming problem here in Pa. They opened Inline muzzleloader same day. So wish me luck. Muzzleloader it is. Headed to the big Mountains.
Potter county. If I do anygood. I will post pics.

Stevenovick1

The muzzleloader is a Omega .45 cal it’s brand new but 25 years old only been shot dozen times.
guys like the ol Omega ( Thompson center ) grey laminate. Beautiful gun. Very accurate.

Stevenovick1

Back to the Model 12. Rabbit hunting and pheasant hunting . Now that’s fun. And a woodcock now and then. Years ago that was a blast. Trying to get back in it. Lots of walking.