• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Model 100 headlights

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsdeese

displayname
timothy deese
How many rings are their on a headlight pan for a model 100?

How many rings are their on a headlight pan for a model 100?
4- 2 inner and 2 outer.
1581452332973.png

1581452346132.png

My panels have four on each side. Two larger rings similar to the ones at the bottom of your post, and two smaller rings that fit inside the two larger ones. Did they update to two rings later in production?

My panels have four on each side. Two larger rings similar to the ones at the bottom of your post, and two smaller rings that fit inside the two larger ones. Did they update to two rings later in production?
Not that Ive ever seen or heard of. Got pics?

Marty is correct, It is listed in the parts manual I have showing 4 on each side. I have seen quite a few setup like that, The challenge is remember to change one light head light bulb at a time.

Marty is correct, It is listed in the parts manual I have showing 4 on each side. I have seen quite a few setup like that, The challenge is remember to change one light head light bulb at a time.
Never seen one I guess. It does say that #5 is not applicable on the parts lookup.
1581551973012.png

Here are the pics. The first pic is just one side. There are two identical large rings (one is flipped over), and two small rings. The small ring on the right has a notch for the tit on the lamp.

rings1.jpg

The next pic is all the rings. This is all four large rings with the four small rings inside.
rings2.jpg

Next is a light assembled, minus the wing nuts. Notice the notch on the right for the tit on the bulb.

rings4.jpg

Now a pic of the whole light.

rings5.jpg

Here is one that is in my 100.

ring6.jpg

And a pic of the whole light assy.

ring7.jpg

Here are the pics. The first pic is just one side. There are two identical large rings (one is flipped over), and two small rings. The small ring on the right has a notch for the tit on the lamp.

View attachment 136855

The next pic is all the rings. This is all four large rings with the four small rings inside.
View attachment 136852

Next is a light assembled, minus the wing nuts. Notice the notch on the right for the tit on the bulb.

View attachment 136856

Now a pic of the whole light.

View attachment 136857

Here is one that is in my 100.

View attachment 136858

And a pic of the whole light assy.

View attachment 136859
I remember those now! (y) (y)

No problem. Always willing to help.
I am about 98 percent sure the 102-122 series had the two ring lights. Looks like, at some point, IH decided the two ring would be easier to deal with. And probably much easier to manufacture.
I saw somewhere that this light panel would work on the 70/100 with a small modification. The 102-122 panel has a small lip on the bottom vs. the totally flat 70/100 panel. I have a 122 panel out in my cub building, but it is raining and I have strep throat. :(

It would be interesting to see pics, and a timeline of the changes IH made to the different styles of headlights.
Did a little more investigating.
Found a 70/100 panel with the two ring setup! I have four panels with the four ring lights, and one with the two rings.
IH must have started the two ring lights in 65'
Found the 122 panel with the two rings.
Found a panel for the 72,104,105,124, and 125 series with the two ring setup also!
The next series of cubs went to the square outer ring setup (73,106,107,126,127,147).

Last edited:
Have you set your time zone in preferences?

I have it set correctly in my preferences. I noticed it when I read the forum on one of my other PCs that I'm not logged into the forum on. Not sure why the time is off on that one. The time zone on all my PCs and cell phone are set correctly.

Back