• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Model #1 Cub Cadet Tiller

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdtaylor

I own a Model #1 Cub Cadet Tiller. How do you check the fluid level for the chain drive and what oil is used. Do not see a check plug and nothing is shown in the operator's manual. I plan to mount this on a 1650, what width drive belt from PTO to gear box should I use? Thanks.

Had to take my #1 apart two years ago, as one of the tiller shaft bearings disintegrated. Left it too long, and had to redo the chain sprockets as well. However, with the lube, was NOT going to leave it with only what I could put in before reassembly, so drilled and threaded a hole near the top of the chaincase so I could add grease later if needed. (doing this without opening up the unit will leave metal shavings inside, :( )Yeah, not original, but it is a worker, not a showpiece. I also used a heavy plastic bag (think freezer ziplock) with a corner cut off, to fill the grease in, similar to a cake decorator's pastry bag. I didn't want to take 3 hours and sore hands to fill it with a grease gun!
For your UNOPENED tiller, you might be able to release one of the top shaft bearing retainers (tie those carriage head bolts with a fat string, so they don't fall into the case!!!) and use a power grease gun with a grease needle to add a tube or two of grease through the bearing? That was what I was thinking before the bottom bearing fell apart.

Back