• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Mini International Tractor spotted

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john.knutson

displayname
John K
I saw this beauty on Highway 169 near my house in Minnesota. It was really clean looking, I wish I would have been able to talk to the owner but traffic wasn't cooperating.

It had a 4 digit model sticker on the front as well 20xx I think, I don't know my full-size Internationals so I can't recall exactly what the number was. I am not even sure what Cub it is under the paint but I am guessing it's IH based on the rear fenders.

IMG_4101.jpg

Fenders, seat support, footrests, and front weight bracket were all purchased from Scott Urschel. Fender Lights were found on Amazon. Front weights and wheel weights are all custom made.
Original plan to to paint it like the one in the trailer but I really like how it looks so I might just finish it to be like it is. I have added a 3 point hitch to the back, hydro lift is next. Its been a 4 year project at this point. I bought a 2 bottom fully mounted plow I hope to lift with it.

Attachments

• IMG_4596.jpg
    IMG_4596.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 103
vthomley:

You've got a nice looking little tractor there. The only thing that makes it look a little out of the ordinary is there's no exhaust sticking up through the hood.

Normally IH tractors would be painted in a color scheme similar to the little beauty that started this thread,. But I do recall several special edition tractors that had unique paint jobs, and your paint job looks VERY familiar.

When you get done with your tractor just call it a "Special Edition 128" - YOUR special edition. Just ignore anybody that says it should have this engine, or it should be painted that color. It's YOUR tractor, YOUR rules.

Don

I am thinking of an upright exhaust on the left side for I just saw one I like recently, different than the I had one on my 122 for 15 or so years which I recently removed.

5 Millionth IH Tractor - a 1066 - was painted special with a white hood and more. Someone has painted a Cub to look like it.

Its certainly a special edition, 27" rear tires, 18" fronts, swept forward front axle and more. Maybe I will call it the REAL Plow Special just for Art. Mini 1466 has been the plan for it's name but if I leave the hood and pedestal white then I have to think of a different name, maybe 128SE.

The 1066 with the white hood is probably the one I'm thinking of. I'm pretty sure there was also a Canadian special edition that had a gold hood.

You've got the headliights looking good, do you have work lights in the back too?

Don

I have another piece to put in the top of the grill around the lights, a mini '66 light bracket. No rear work lights yet. I have not found anything that I like yet. None of the lights are hooked up yet either - all in time I guess. I figure I will stumble upon the perfect rear lighting someday.

You're probably thinking of the 5,000,000th IH tractor:

iu

iu

iu

The gold hood tractors were "Demonstrators" or "Demos":

IH_Farm_Summer_1970_24_DEMO.jpg

The earlier demonstrators were all white, like this letter series.

iu

Back