• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Mini Hay Racks/running gears

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
I just picked up a Mini hay rack for pulling behind my Cub Cadets. For some reason it looks like smething is missing. The Rack should have some "twist" to it for going over uneven ground. Anyone have some pix of the bottom of theirs or a full sized hay rack? Any pix of how the deck attaches to the "frame"?

Tom, Post a couple of pics of the hayrack. Steve B. built a hayrack last fall, contact him for pics and info. Do you have any pics of the Jonny bucket?

Here's a shot of the wagon I'm talking about.
93804.jpg

93805.jpg

Tom,
I have that same running gear under my hay wagon. There is a small amount of twist in the pin holes in the center pipe, not much but a little.
93808.jpg

Lonny, Yup' I know about that, (it's in the center post) but isn't there like a beam in the front so the deck won't twist with the frame??

Tom,
What I did was take 2 2X6 green treat, lay them on edge to get bed of wagon above the tires.
Look close to the front in th ephoto, you should be able to make them out.
Just below the 2x4's on the front board.
The only way I know of to keep the deck from twisting with the frame is to only bolt it down in the opisite corners of the bunks, and I aint sure if that would elimanate the deck from twisting.
I know on our full size hay wagons the deck would always twist some going over large bumps.
Without them the bed would have to be inside the tires.
93827.jpg

Tom

Yes your running gear is missing something.Does anyone have photos of a full sized running gear? It will be easier to show than to explain what you are missing.

Here is some construction pics of my haywagon. It utilizes a narrow frame cub front axle.

Tom Prechtel
93952.jpg

93953.jpg

93954.jpg

93955.jpg

Just a thought but any of these frames would look good with a gravity box on it too. Don't know what you would use it for but it sure would look cool.

Jared-
Parker wagons made a miniature scale wagon for many years (I grew up in the same town as Parker was based), they would pull 20 or 30 wagons in parades and at the end would pull either a big grain cart or one of the 1/4 scale gravity wagons. Last I heard was when Unverferth of Shell Rock, IA bought them out they bought all the miniature wagsons as well, some of the higher-ups in the company took them home. There were plans floating around the old Parker company for quite a while and ended up being high school projects as well.

TOM - Most hayracks & wagons when I was a Kid had what We used to call a "Walking Bolster" on the front axle to allow more ocillation when running over uneven ground. Best way to describe it is imaging the frt axle Tom P. shows upside-down mounted on top of the front bolster pivoting in the center with the beams the rack is made from setting on the outboard ends where the spindles would be. The frt axle of the running gear can follow ground contours without making the rack or box twist. The back end of the rack/box was mounted solid to the rear axle.

Back