• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

MECUM "GONE FARMIN' Auction" April 6,2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
For those of you who watch Mecum auto auctions they're having a collector tractor auction April 6th at the Mississippe Valley Fair Grounds on West Locust Street in Davenport, IA. Sale will include vintage & collector tractors, and collector items. Probably be a lot of green & yellow stuff but there should be some IH and maybe a few CC's too. Nothing listed for sale yet.

For those not wanting to attend the sale in person it's supposed to be televised LIVE on RFD TV too. Lot of forum regulars live within an hour or two away, be a nice day away from your projects in the shop.

Mecum has been having those auctions in Walworth for the last couple of summers. If I'm hearing correct there is a pretty stiff charge to get in, but if you but something the etbrance fee is deducted

TOM - The smallest "Buyer's Premium" is $100, and goes up to $500 on a $19,999 purchase and is 3% above that and there's a 10% premium on "Road Art" which I assume is the collectable promotional stuff at this sale.

No mention on what the gate admission will be to just spectate at the auction but if it's too high I can always walk away. SON always has cold beer in the fridge and lives about two miles away. Just thought it would be neat to inspect the old iron then see what it brings.

Some of their car auctions I've watched some of the old muscle cars that don't look all that bad sell pretty cheap compared to Barrett-Jackson. But then I saw a show on TV a couple weeks ago where Craig Jackson spent something like $2 MILLION on his garage, JUST his garage, beside his $5 MILLION house up in the hills outside Scottsdale, AZ. So I can imagine what his buyer premiums are like.

CHARLIE - Very true, but then you can't see all the cobbled up repairs & stuff done to get the stuff ready for sale. Everything looks good on TV. Just look at all these old TV actresses that are 60-70 yrs old and still look "Good" on TV. Some are, most aren't!

Back