• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Massy rerguson lgt's

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljones

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Lucas Jones
Are the massy ferguson lgts hard to find parts for. Where can you get parts for one? What kind of moter did they use?Do they have those crappie fiberglass hoods like the deeres' do?

I know where a 7 is about how much is it worth.

Lucas J. Metal hoods. Tecumseh engines. Some parts are getting harder to find. MF7 price depends on condition just like a Cub Cadet. Anywhere from junk price to whatever you're willing to pay. Really good shape maybe $350 MAX is what I'd go. Remember that an MF7 is just a lawn tractor. The MF10 and 12 series are the garden tractors. Check the Off Topic Section for some pictures of our two MF10s.

Eye Candy
189796.jpg

Guys.... I'm going to be crying some real tears this weekend. Even though I know this little guy is going to a good loving home, reality is finally sinking in. A gentleman and his son met my asking price. It's been hard for me to get in and out of the cab the past couple of yearsand since I have the Cub Cadets for primary snow removal it truly is time to see this little guy move to a good loving home.

219663.jpg

At least I'll now be able to devote time to this little fella. One day he'll be a Plow Day tractor.

219664.jpg

Marlin-

It's always hard to say goodbye to an old friend. What does Fancy have to say about the sale? I forget the new kittys name but was wondering if you and Fancy are breaking it in to noisy tractors.

Be sure and take some last minute pics for reminiscing.

Wayne S. Fancy has agreed that it is time to let this MF10 with snowthrower go to a good home. I know that some think I am crazy but that little kitty really does understand when we talk to him. What is so awesome is how he will go into the garage and literally go from tractor to tractor looking them over. Angel and I agreed to let his "baby" annie to be purely a house kitty. She is just too much energy to every go outside although she will try to run when the door is open. She won't have anything to do with a bowl of snow only she will check out the snow that is on our shoes when we come inside.

219671.jpg

Her official name is Orphan Annie. This is when she was around two days old. She is now one fourth the size of Fancy. He's 15 pounds of solid boy.
219672.jpg

If all goes as planned in the next couple of weeks Fancy will have a 782 to call his own. It was a hard decision to part with the Massey only I know the new owners will give it the same love and attention it deserves.

Marlin-

I'm sure Little Orphan Annie will train both you and Fancy just fine. My male cat is a "chunk" too. He weighed in at 18.2 lbs last vet visit. His sister is less than half his weight at around 8 lbs....I forget exactly.

If Fancy gets a 782 then what will Annie get?

Wayne S. We'll have to get her a toy 782 to play with. She is just way too much energy.

My latest purchase... Since I was a kid I've always loved 'em!

308837.jpg

Steve, very nice!
thumbsup.gif
I've always liked the MF GTs too.
happy.gif

Nice Steve! My buddy got his grandpa's MF-12 but is repowered with a harbor freight engine, runs and works fine only have a snow plow tho. Nice catch
happy.gif

I drove eight hours round trip on Labor Day to pick it up. Got it from a guy in MN who saved it from the scrap yard. He agreed to drive 280 miles (round trip) south to the IA/MN border and sell it to me for 200 (his trip included). The engine turns...a friend thought he could probably get it running. Assuming he does I'd like to clean it up...and maybe even a full restoration down the road. We'll see
happy.gif

Interesting (maybe to only me) sidenote about the MF garden tractor line. During a factory strike at the garden tractor plant and others, MF used a smart tactic to end the strike. They have the Ariens* company assemble 20 tractors painted MF colors and with actual MF decals. These were shipped into the warehouse in full view of the strikers and workers. Strike was soon ended after that. Supposedly these tractors were subsequently "destroyed" and never sold, however a good friend of mine owns one! I can imagine a similar fate for the others, who could destroy a brand new GT and mower?

* Ariens garden tractors were a continuation of the old Sperry-New Holland tractors when they purchased this product line. Ariens were painted in the familiar orange, black and white like the rest of their line, as production moved to Brillion, WI, home of Ariens

Steve S. Awesome rescue of that little MF12.

Jim D. I didn't know that so Thank You for sharing that information. Sadly I sold my other MF10 to a gentleman in Minnesota that kept the little fella all original and got it running in no time. It was one of the first year manufactured. I need to find the money and time to check on an MF1200 that is sitting inside a shed alongside a Cub Cadet 1000. Eight years ago the fella wanted $300.00 each. If I get the money I'm going to offer $300 for both.

Jim D...It's interesting that was even possible, considering there was probably a fairly tight time constraint. Yet two companies did manufacture the MF 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16 tractors. First it was Badger Northland then American Machine and Foundry (AMF) later on.

Steve, I know, what a tight schedule. From what I recall in my younger days, Badger Northland was a subsidiary of Massey, does that sound right? Badger always had the green equipment, made in Kaukauna, WI near Appleton. We had some of their self unloading wagons on the farm, they were heavy beasts! Built quite strong. I think we even had one of their silo unloaders for awhile??

I think that I will see the MF/Ariens on the 25th, so I will submit some pictures for ya.

Jim D...Yes, it's my understanding that Badger Northland was owned by Massey Ferguson. They made the MF garden tractors first but discontinued their production for reasons I don't know.

I remember that dealer's nephew telling me that our MF10 was made in Wisconsin. It's still on the farm as far as I know and was a 1968 model. When production moved to Des Moines, I don't know. However, some of the people that worked there and built the tractors said they could buy a fully equipped DynaMark tractor cheaper than a basic Massey Ferguson garden tractor. The D.M. place also received/repaired damaged while being shipped farm equipment. One time a combine came in that apparently the unloading auger came lose just before entering a railroad tunnel. Since the combine was loaded facing backwards extensive damage was done to the cab. I remember our Dad paying just over $26.00 hard earned dollars for the light kit to put on our MF10. I loved that little fella. I know that my sister will never let me have it though.

Had an MF7 with an 8 horse Briggs repower, got it from the little 9 hole golf course my dad hung around at. It was pretty well worn out when I got it, had to put new wheel bearing, steering components on it... Did most of the landscaping around the new house in '79. I fabbed a front blade setup with a frame that ran full length and attached behind the rear axle - it'd pick the front wheels off the ground with a full load of dirt in front of the blade.

Had to love the timed two blade deck, side tension from the deck drive belt put constant wear on the splined sleeves on the cross shaft that connected the two gear boxes together. I went through a couple of sets of sleeves and shafts, got pi..d one day, cross drilled the shafts and sleeves and put 1/4 inch bolts through them. Held together for about three years 'till I got the 129, then got passed on to my son. Sadly he abandoned the little guy during one of his moves (along with a rear engine Gravely that had a bad ignition on it)..

Here are a couple of pictures of a Dynamark 10 garden. They were made in Des Moines, Iowa the same factory where the Massey Ferguson garden tractors were made. Notice the only difference is the hood grille and paint. Orange and creme were also available.

313219.jpg

313220.jpg

Back