• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Manual lift handle

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAllison

IHCC Supporter
Hydro I told you that this manual lift came off an original because that's what the seller told me. The more I look at pictures I think it came off a100 or122 something along those lines
0628211552_Film1.jpg
0628211553_Film1.jpg
0628211553a_Film1.jpg

That bottom bracket for the lift rod for a frt snow blade or snow thrower is definetly home-made, but the top looks factory, and around the vintage of an Original or 70/100 or 71,102,122,123, probably has two small cross holes for the wire bail to hold the lever in the float position. Newer tractors had the little pressed in latch pin on the front side.
It would look "more factory" if it was properly painted yellow.

OUTSTANDING!!!
And, you are ready for the 4th of July show and parade!!
Just add a couple flags and go for it!!
I'll have my whole crew out in the front yard as usual.
Film at eleven

Sounds good if I were into that sort of thing! I almost didn't go get that tractor but as a favor I did. The last year redoing and putting it back together taught me measures!!! I now have a hobby I love and my biggest take away is how America really use to like putting out quality...doesn't matter what it looks like,just how it was built

As Denny mentioned in his post above, there should be a wire bail that mounts in the holes at the top of the lift handle that allows the lift handle to float.

Lift Handle.jpg

Here's an excerpt from a page from the manual for the 1x2 series that has some info on that style of lift handle:

123Manual14a.jpg

Here's a close up photo of the lift handle on my Original (slightly different but close enough) that shows the wire bail.

Lift.jpg

Latest posts

Back