• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Making a wildlife Food Plot

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art:
"but I get REALLY GOOD traction in reverse"
Now that I think about it, you're on to something there - my experiences with getting stuck almost always involve trying to back out.. I learned a lot two tracking with a big 'ol Jeep Wagoneer - never go deeper in than you can go with two wheel drive..
clappy.gif

Here's a few recent photos from my cameras.

196095.jpg

I had to lighten these next 3 up a little.

196096.jpg

196097.jpg

196098.jpg

I decided to put this photo history of this nice 8 point together.

196100.jpg

Kraig-

It looks like this might be the year to harvest that deer. I've never seen a progressive set of photos like that. You can see how the main beams have increased in thickness and size. It also looks like his rack is more symetric this year. I wonder if you know the age of the deer because it looks like he's reaching the golden years.

Nice photos!.......Thanks!

Wayne, I'm hoping that my 15 year old daughter can get him during the October youth hunt. She hoping to get him as well. If she doesn't get him I'm hoping to get him with the bow. If we do get him I'll have to see if I can figure out his age.

Kraig;

Now that is just a big ol'buck!
I rough guess him at 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 years,but I'm going by South Bama guesstimation.
A good shooter;good luck to you and your daughter!
Bobby B.

Kraig-
I can't wait to see the "after" photos of that big buck. "After" he sheds his velvet...

I think this is the 8 point that I put together the photo history of and posted below. Note the taper to the antler tine matches that of the 8 point in the photo history as does the angle of the second tine. Sure wish this brand camera had a faster trigger... I may have to move the better Cuddeback brand camera to this spot. He does have a good sized body and his coat is looking better than it did earlier in the summer.
happy.gif

213137.jpg

Oh Art...

buttrock.gif
buttrock.gif
buttrock.gif
buttrock.gif
buttrock.gif
buttrock.gif

213492.jpg

Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif

213493.jpg

Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif

Did you want to help put up deer stands some evening SOON?
dunno.gif

213494.jpg

Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif

213495.jpg

Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif

213496.jpg

Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif
Shotgun.gif

I have a video clip of some deer fighting that I'll post in the AM.

Here's the video clip of the deer fight. Looks like the rut is just starting, it's not an all out fight, just a little sparring.

DEER FIGHT VID

Bobby, nice! Looks like the deer in the back ground of the top photo is the same deer as in the bottom photo.

Here's my latest. The one on the right in the top photo is the 8 point in the composition photo I posted on August 30th. I believe that's him in the center of the bottom photo taking a drink from the "pond". Top photo, camera faces east. Bottom photo, camera faces north. Sure wish they would come through during hunting hours... LOTS of goose hunting on the surrounding farms the past few weeks. Not sure how that effects the deer travels, but I bet it can't be good for day light travel.
uhoh.gif

213772.jpg

213773.jpg

WE plant a garden...err I mean food plot every year!
And between the deer and the raccoons Les' get's pretty well trashed.
He has been putting up an electric fence as of late and seems to help but last year was so dry plus that big wind we had in august wrecked a lot of sweet corn.

Back