• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Lost my Best Friend

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brhodes

displayname
Bill Rhodes
I lost my best friend on the 26th. He passed away at the age of 84. He was a Cub guy since 1971 when he bought the 107 with a 48 inch deck. It was the first tractor I ever drove. He gave it to me in 1995, the hydro did not work and after taking the rear end out 3-4 times and after I lost the charge pump pin, on one of the attempts to get it working, I found a plastic cap off a quart of fluid stuck in the return line. We have laughed about that several times. I’ve since given the 107 to my son in 2010. It is good to know this IH is on the third generation of Rhodes. I will miss my dad but get to smile every time we mow or work on the 107.

sorry to hear that, praying for your family

Bill so sorry for your loss. I'm sure you have many fond memories.

Bill, just noticed your post. Thanks for sharing, I remember reading about the plastic cap in the return line before, but I didn't realize the story was on your father.
happy.gif
I wish my sons felt about my cub the way you do about yours, that was his. Sometimes when I reach in my toolbox I'm overcome with nostalgia when I recall the person from whom I received the tool, what we did together and how it felt at the time. Emotions last longer than steel. Keep the faith, and thanks for sharing.

Back