• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Looks like I have another keyway to cut

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
This on a K301 engine that is in the 128 plow Cub I used at Blunier's 2 years ago.
The 128 came to me sans engine and a bunch of other stuff and what was left needed a lot of work.

I had an engine for it but knew nothing about it so a quick cleanup, a carb rebuild and and an SG got it up and running enough to plow with. But the first furrow ended w/the engine wanting to run away w/itself and demanded immediate throttle down. Things were OK then as long as I remembered to do that every time after pulling. The engine really got down and pulled the 10 Brinly w/gusto!
I should have inspected this more closely when I installed it. The governor adjusted up properly though.

So I guess a tear down is in store prior to this years event. The keyway issue was evident right away as soon as I removed the SG belt and started on the PTO. Will most likely wind up removing the crank anyway to replace the governor so may as well go the whole 9 yards here.

DSCN8030.JPG

Got clear into it and found this.
Plus the tip is broken off the dipper.
Piston is +.010 and looks good although upon removal the bore is devoid of any cross hatch, don't quite know what to make of that as there is virtually no ;ip at the top of the bore.

So, it's off to the machine shop to get tyhe crank checked out, tank the block and do the valves. I really had not planned on an O/H on this Cup, but WTH!!
Here we go again.
But I did find another 301 with what I hope is a good crank.
Will get that pulled this afternoon yet.

Attachments

• DSCN8031.JPG
    DSCN8031.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 174
Back