• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Looking for the double pulley for Original timed deck.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfeenstra

displayname
Paul Feenstra
The key way in my pulley has become sloppy so I am in the market for a replacement. Please let me know if you have one available. Would ship to 55912,
Thank you
Paul

Which item number are you looking for?
Original Deck.JPG

Hey, I thought I had one but I was mistaken. Good luck on your search.

Is the pulley bore viable? If the only problem is the keyway, and since you haven't been flooded with available pulleys, it's worth mentioning again that a new keyway could be cut. My former favorite customer maintenance man (he's retired now) used to have me check the keyway in the gearboxes on his printing presses every year (12-20 gearboxes per press). If they were worn, he would take them off, and have new keyways cut in them. He would go 120 degrees out, so he could get three cuts out of the same 3/4" shaft. If those 3/4" shafts could reliably take 3 keyways, a deck pulley should be able to handle a second.

Another option is to have the keyway welded closed, and have a new keyway cut. All of this requires a machine shop, but isn't that little old irreplaceable tractor worth it?

Good luck.

Is the pulley bore viable? If the only problem is the keyway, and since you haven't been flooded with available pulleys, it's worth mentioning again that a new keyway could be cut. My former favorite customer maintenance man (he's retired now) used to have me check the keyway in the gearboxes on his printing presses every year (12-20 gearboxes per press). If they were worn, he would take them off, and have new keyways cut in them. He would go 120 degrees out, so he could get three cuts out of the same 3/4" shaft. If those 3/4" shafts could reliably take 3 keyways, a deck pulley should be able to handle a second.

Another option is to have the keyway welded closed, and have a new keyway cut. All of this requires a machine shop, but isn't that little old irreplaceable tractor worth it?

Good luck.
The key way in my pulley has become sloppy so I am in the market for a replacement. Please let me know if you have one available. Would ship to 55912,
Thank you
Paul
Hmmmm,
1623292277999.png

Go with Digger's. You can't go wrong when it has his approval. Machining yours could exceed his asking price.

I see that Charlie has new OEM one available. I may have missed it the first time I looked. Thank you for the replies and assistance!

I looked earlier too and missed it.

Sometimes I think Charlie is sneaky. He might put something up when someone asks about it. Or maybe he just happen to put it up at roughly the same time someone was looking. I think in order to really use Charlie's CC Specialties web site correctly you have to use the search feature and input the part number you're looking for.

Back