• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Looking for owner of this plow...and how to reach him

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lswanz

displayname
Lawrence J. Swanz
I'm looking for the owner of the two-bottom 3-point JohnDeere plow. I'm new to this forum and any assistance anyone can lend me is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]. Thanks.

Lawrence
73814.jpg

Thanks Kraig...how about the owner of this plow. Boy the guy sure did a great job on it.

Lawrence
73818.jpg

I believe the owner of that plow is Dick Winters. Really nice guy that plays at that other CC site.

Hey guys, new member here. I just acquired a Case 220 hydro ? or hydraulic as I saw ( yes, I'd like to know the difference ) for 200, pretty beat up as far as appearance but it runs and drives. Drive train seems to be solid, no deck but I bought it to haul logs back to my OWB by the house so that doesnt matter much to me. It came with a parts tractor w/ a good hydro and mis parts. If this is anywhere near as reliable as my D-180 WH I'll be jumping for joy. It seems solidly built.

Sticker states hydraulic oil 20 in winter, 40 in summer. I dont see a filter anywhere like my log splitter. So I see some using 15/40 in this unit ? I dont know the year, will post pics if anyone is interested. Are there any quirks with this unit I should be aware of ? Anything I can screw up in a hurry ?

old.gif
}}}}}

I use 15-40 shell rotella as to it's non foaming qualities. you should be fine to have it in there year round. I have no problems with either of my 220's or my friend with his 444 or 448. You don't have a mower deck so you don't have to worry about the pto clutch on the front of the engine. Make sure the fan is in good shape on the end of the pto shaft, and the oil cooler is clean an oil filter was not on the units till sometime in the 1980's after Ingersoll bought Case's lawn/garden line. They are still made today. The motor on the trans is a 'gear roller'(hope I spelled it right) style and thats why it's a hydraulic drive. One of my 220's is jerky, my drive valve is worn out and will almost break your neck if your not careful. Keep and eye on your engine oil and smell it every now and then to check for gas in the oil from a failing fuel pump. The diaphragm will split and let gas in before it finally gives up. I am in the process of putting an electic fuel pump on my older one right now. I'll look up in my files for how to find out the year and post it later.
Hope this helps
Earl

Back