• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Look what pulled in my driveway today.\

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My older brother had JD 345's that had the Kawasaki and both shucked the cam gear at about 900 hours.

The early FD620's used a plastic cam gear and they were known to brake in the 800-1200 hour time frame. I think they switched over to the steel gear after February 1998. The green boys used a bunch of these engines. Here's a quick vid I found explaining the fix. There are also a bunch kits available for this repair.

Thanks Guys
I will have to check and see just what model FD620 this Cub has in it and get back to you.
Won't be today though as I have to get the camper winterized after the run to Steve's plow day over the weekend.

Just got back late last night.
Fought the darn wind all the way down and back and got lousy fuel mileage.
Good turnout but we were far outnumbered by the green crowd.
My 128 never missed a lick and did a 1/2 decent job with only fluid in the ags although it was a little difficult to get a good hookup as I had forgotten any weight to add to the plow.

Oak,
Any idea as to where I can find the numbers on this engine?
We have looked everywhere we could shine A light on to no avail.
SAK617U1G2RA, mfg date 09-95

Latest posts

Back