• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Look what followed me home this weekend.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
1986 Jet JTM-2 mill, original owner used to balance pistons in a father son engine shop.

325098.jpg

SWEEET! Did it come with much tooling? That's where you really tie up some cash. Maybe I'll see you on some of the machinist forums now too.

Came with the vise and swivel base, collets and rack, and a another box of stuff I have not had time to go through yet. Quill is tight as new!

Now it's clean up time!!

Here is a shot of it after some cleaning and just before unloading it into my shop.
325109.jpg

On the floor temporarily till I can get a corner cleaned out for it.
I have no idea who those two guys are!!

325110.jpg

Just a hair over 2,000 Lbs.
But we had the head removed along with the vise and a few other items for transport.
I am amazed at the condition of the ways.
1st pic is the table cranked all the way in towards the frme,
and the 2nd all the way out showing the aft part of the ways.

325115.jpg

325116.jpg

David, wow, those look almost new. 2000 lbs, not an easy thing to lift or move...

Snagged these 3 Kennedy chests off C/L the other evening.
The one on the right and the 2 drawer base are nearly new.
Should make a nice compliment to the mill when I get it moved into the shop.
The motor for it is currently in the rehab shop for a check up and new bearings.

325439.jpg

325440.jpg

Update on the shop & mill. Been a pretty busy summer and I have had not much time to spend in the shop due to part time gig hauling cement for a local company needing a driver for a day cab & pneumatic tanker.

Anyway, It's in the shop and setting about where it's gonna live. Leveled up nicely using the feet that came with it. Got new belts for it and the motor back from the motor shop recently. Have to get the head back on it yet.

326717.jpg

Mike, and/or anyone else on here that has ever worked on one of these type mills and had the head apart for repairs....
Drop me a line please, I need to know what kind of grease to pack in the cavities where the cluster gears and the clutch reverse shaft with.

I know Bridgeport says Lubriplate #105 that is nothing more than engine assembly lube. What was in there was a dried up red grease that to me looked like wheel bearing grease. I do not think the total loss drip oil system for the spindle gears gets into these areas.

326793.jpg

326794.jpg

326795.jpg

I Got the unit repositioned into the corner today. Think this will be much better this way.
There's still had a good 12" of space to each wall w/the table extended to the end of travel in each direction.

Called Jet Tools today and got the skinny on the lube for the reverse clutch rod and other spaces that need lubed. They said to use Mobil AW2. That I have so will squirt those areas nearly full before finishing everything up for good (hopefully!!)

Now, if the electrician will show up to finish doing his thing....
I got the conduit ran down the other wall for outlets this weekend and air lines mounted as well. Will run a 1/2 line over the door to the mill also for a blow gun.

326831.jpg

326832.jpg

326833.jpg

David some smart a$$is going to bring you a 8 foot long boat shaft to put a key in it at the end ,,we had to move ours a couple of times ,

Latest posts

Back