• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Little Storm Damage

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vthomley

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Vincent Thomley
While we were out of town on Friday July 6th there was a storm that came through. Here's a few pics.
My Garage Doors both damaged
241408.jpg

Siding my north windows
241409.jpg

Wavy siding on the West Side of my house
241410.jpg

The west wall at the peak inside my house - there are 2 cracks in the ceiling sheet rock seams also.
241411.jpg

Here's my siding screen door in my back yard
241412.jpg

This flower made it through the storm!
241413.jpg

I came around my Shed to inspect my Weber Charcoal Grill and it was already being inspected - I was 2 feet away when I saw this little inspector, hense the blurry picture... He was was not doing too well though, a sick little skunk, he wobbled and fell over every few feet. I don't think he had enough life in him to lift his tail. I called the neighbor, a cop and he came over and gave it a little lead poisoning. The neighbor then asked me if his Wheel Barrow hit anything at my house. It was in my back yard approx 400 yards away from his place...
241414.jpg

At least 8 of the 32 houses in my development need new garage doors, several more with siding, soffet and more problems, many trees down. Corn fields were flat. An irrigation system was blown over. Yet neighbors with in 1-2 miles of all directions were not even touched.

Vincent did something hit the door or is that just from wind pushing on it

And I would leave that inspector alone he probaly dosn't want to be bothered

Vincent-

I hope you plan on getting a structural engineer to evaluate things. The damage looks like it has really penetrated the house. The engineer report should also be covered by your insurance.

Sounds like Pepe Le Pue might have been stricken with rabies???

Good luck and glad you and yours are ok.

I sent that first inspector Pepe Le Pue on his way...we think he did Rabies or something.

No scratches on that door, so I think it was just the wind. My other garage door has scratches from my grill and/or other things(Wheel Barrow? I think the wheel barrow would have left a rather big dent...)

I'll see what the real appraiser/inspector guy says. I agree I need to have the structure checked.

Here's another pic of my Grill.
241422.jpg

Here's a pic of the front edge of my Garage and my outdoor light.
241423.jpg

Had a cell come through yesterday a little after 3 pm. I lost power and after a while I discovered this. It's about a foot in diameter at the base.

242068.jpg

242069.jpg

It's about 100 yards down the drive. I actually drove my truck under it to get help because it is off of the "beaten path". I noticed trucks going and coming and eventually found pick up with flashing lights that was pulled off on the shoulder. I stopped across from him and he immediately says "we know" before I get a word out. After telling him a primary down my diveway was under a lot of strain he asked my address and went right there. Turns out Chapel Hill was hit pretty hard with trees down everywhere. A few minutes later I went and was getting the gen out and heard a truck. I was without only about 4 hours but you never know. It took two guys and a bucket truck about 45 minutes to get it cleared then set some of it down on a yellow jackets nest. While they were working other workers down the road energized the main lines out at the road and caused the fuse at my transformer to blow. It sounded like a stick of dynamite. I had power an hour later.

It didn't do my corn any good either.

Wayne: We've had an evening deluge down east every evening for the last week; last night was an exception-- no rain. Tuesday the rain was horizontal: blew into my truck's cab through a 2" crack in my back glass soaking my passenger seat, I have to keep it closed now. The cab gets mighty hot in the parking lot before I head for home.
smile.gif

The folks in Washington, North Carolina (the original Washington) got hit hard on a Sunday afternoon a few weeks back. The plant where I work didn't get power back on until Monday afternoon --a lot of trees down. It looked like a hurricane or a tornado had come through, but the weather folks said it was "straight line winds" with gusts up to 80 mph. My friends tell me it came up all-of-a-sudden out of nowhere on an otherwise clear day --Weird!

Wayne, that's never a good thing to have happen.
yikes.gif

Jeremiah, at least it wasn't the driver's seat that got wet.
thumbsup.gif

Wayne, good thing they fairly quickly got your power back on but sounds like it was quite the work to move that tree out of the way and oh oh on setting in on a yellow jackets nest. Did anyone get stung?

I guess our tornado sirens went off around 8:30 last night. I didnt hear a thing, but Marlin did but didnt wake me up so I guess he was to tired from work to worry about us blowing away? we got a few drops of rain with it.

Those straight line winds can do as much damage as the whirly winds. Years ago I lived in the country and we had straight line winds and it laid down a big willow inches from the mobile home. Thank goodness it didnt land on the trailer. The winds were BAD and the rain was gushing in the east windows of the trailer and the kittys I had at the time were tyring to help me out by licking up the rain water. It was quite the sight. I spent a long while that night cleaning up rain water with the expertize help of 5 furkids that joined in.

angel.gif
Angel

Back