• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Linkage for hydraulic lift

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkwilliams

displayname
Kent Williams
I'm living the dream doing a complete rebuild of my 1976 model 1450 Quiet Line. Before I disassembled most things I took pics for reference. I also have all factory manuals. That being said, I somehow didn't take a picture of how the linkage hooks up to the hydraulic cylinder, and the photos in the manual are awful. Can someone tell me if the way I have things arranged now is correct for floating? I will use this tractor almost 100% for mowing. The pin going through the linkage is turned backwards, I know. It would be very hard to get a cotter pin or tractor pin in it. But I just stuck it in temporarily.
hydro_linkage.jpg

Looks right to me.

Float allows the lift linkage to be pushed up without resistance (like when your mower deck rides over a hump in the lawn).

Study that pic for a few seconds....
You can see how the float works when the pin is removed and how it is disabled when the pin is installed.

Note:
You may want to reinstall that safety lockout switch where it belongs.

Back