• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Lincoln, Illinois Plowday, October 23, 2021

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After your done heckling and laughing at me,remember I'm new to the forum and all things tractors. What the hec is a plow day? What size tractors, do you need to bring a plow? Can anybody come,Illinois is right next to me! PLEASE someone fill me in!!!

After your done heckling and laughing at me,remember I'm new to the forum and all things tractors. What the hec is a plow day? What size tractors, do you need to bring a plow? Can anybody come,Illinois is right next to me! PLEASE someone fill me in!!!
It's where a bunch of grown up kids get together and have a freakin good time!
1634945137517.png

Are those pictures from the plowday in Iowa? What year was that? My first was when there was snow on the field. Don't remember what year that was though.

Charlie's photos are from Plow Day 11, April 10, 2006, hosted by Travis Schweizer in Iowa. The one with the snow was Plow Day 13, April 14, 2007, also hosted by Travis' in Iowa.

I have never lost a cell phone. Not sure who that would have been.

Bill, how is the rain situation down your way?

The beans never got out before the rain. We got about 2 inches of rain over the weekend and another half inch or so expected for Thursday into Friday. So very unlikely we'll be plowing this Saturday. The good news is we really have no deadline to have the plowday other than frozen ground. So far next week is looking pretty good weather-wise, so I'm now looking at November 6 as the new date. Also the fields in Lincoln are a bit sandy, so they drain and dry pretty quick, not like that uber-black Blunier soil. More good news is that we'll have an extra hour to plow that day as the time changes Saturday night.

Bill - do you think Saturday the 6th will be a go for us Iowans? We are still loaded and ready to go! Please let us know as soon as you know...

I asked the farmer and he said if the forecast holds, we have a pretty good chance the beans will get out later this week. He doesn't have his own combine so he's dependent on another farmer who still has about 700 acres of his own beans in the field. My two tractors still have the plows on too. But one's gonna have to come off and the mower back on for a few days as leaves are falling and the grass is still growing. I should have a good feel by Thursday. We got 3+ inches of rain last week into Friday night. So, when (if) the beans get out, I plan to make a few rounds with the plow to make sure it's plowable before making the final call.

I was in the area yesterday, lots of beans getting cut.

Unfortunately, they are not yet cut at our plowing fields. Our frosty nights are apparently impeding the dry-down. The ground is plenty dry for plowing. May still get started this afternoon or tomorrow. All is not yet lost.

Back