• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Lincoln, Illinois Plowday, October 23, 2021

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Riley

With the lack of local plow days, I've decided to go ahead and have my own. it will be October 23, 2021, at 1502 Forest Hills Road, Lincoln, IL. Rain date will be October 30. Plowing to start at 9am-ish and go until we're too tired or run out of land. There will be bathroom facilities (portapotty), but not planning on serving food or drink, so bring your own or head to the fast food just a mile or so away. Feel like golfing, there's a course across the street.

I'm a Deere guy but have been a member on here since 2005 (briley). Couldn't get logged in under that user-name so I created a new one. Hope to see a bunch of IH's and Cubs at the PD. Not sure how many deeres there'll be as I announced the PD on WFM Saturday and its been nothing but crickets.

Bill

Wanted to post an update on the PD. The address number is 1509. Shouldn't matter, but that's the number on the mail box, so no confusion. Also, we had quite a bit of rain last week so the beans did not get harvested as planned. Supposed to be dry this week and Saturday is looking great. So I really hope the beans get out, as does the landowner. Will keep you posted.

Update 2 - The guy harvesting the beans scheduled harvest for Friday (tomorrow), assuming they are dry enough. The ground is fine, just need the beans to be dry enough to harvest well. I will not be able to make a final call until tomorrow, probably early afternoon.

75 acres give - or take. Three big chunks and two smaller ones by the barns. Depending on how many folks show-up, we can start with the two small fields and move up from there as necessary.
1634823809347.png

With the lack of local plow days, I've decided to go ahead and have my own. it will be October 23, 2021, at 1502 Forest Hills Road, Lincoln, IL. Rain date will be October 30. Plowing to start at 9am-ish and go until we're too tired or run out of land. There will be bathroom facilities (portapotty), but not planning on serving food or drink, so bring your own or head to the fast food just a mile or so away. Feel like golfing, there's a course across the street.

I'm a Deere guy but have been a member on here since 2005 (briley). Couldn't get logged in under that user-name so I created a new one. Hope to see a bunch of IH's and Cubs at the PD. Not sure how many deeres there'll be as I announced the PD on WFM Saturday and its been nothing but crickets.

Bill
I just blasted to close to 30 groups on FB, so you might get a pretty good crowd!

Thanks for stepping up and hosting! (y)

Thanks Digger!! Hope so. If all goes well, we may be able to alternate between Steve's place in Roanoke and Lincoln since he has beans in even years and Lincoln is odd.

Will there be a swap meet area? Any sellers planning to go? Should I post a wish list here, or in the classifieds?

I will be bringing some parts
What are you looking for?
Time is getting short
I do have an NOS JD wheel and another wheel w/tire mounted, excelent condition that I will bring.
Everything else is Cub Cadet stuff

A wide frame snow blade, a remote oil filter for a 782 KT17II, front or rear 782 auxiliary hydraulic ports for a start.

Anyone need an NOS K321A?

Bill,

Man, I've got to be "band dad" for the last time in Macomb on Saturday. Daughter is a senior and this is the last field competition. Would love to come plow if not for that!

Hope you dodge rain! Good luck, have fun!

Steve, yeah I feel for ya. I did marching band for many years with my son, then my daughter. It never failed that competitions always fell on plow days. We'll do a round for you.

Bill

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - Unfortunately the weather forecasters were wrong and it's misting here in central Illinois. Combining isn't going to happen today so we are dead in the water. NO PLOWING TOMORROW. If the weather cooperates maybe they'll get the beans out tomorrow and we can use the rain date next Saturday. Lots of raining coming Sunday into early next week though. Fingers crossed.

Bill

Those dang weatherguessers! Nobody gets paid more to be wrong more often than they do.

I may have a better chance of making it next weekend if it happens though.

Back