• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Lift Handle Button

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainShwammy

Well it happened. Was moving a trailer around my yard and somewhere in there the lift handle button came off. Gonna try and find it but I was wondering if anyone knows if the plastic one they sell on Amazon will fit it temporarily.

Did it break off (more likely) or come unscrewed (much less likely)? Look down into the top of the lift arm, do you see a bit of a nub centered in it? A new intact lift button looks like this (photo stolen from CCS):

liftbutton.jpg

I broke the top off of one on my parent's 125 back when I was a teenager. Luckily for me the narrow portion stayed with the lift rod and I was able to unscrew it with a needle nose pliers. Granted, the tractor was not that old back then and rust had not set in. If you just need to use it, any thing you can press down on it with will work, I used a screw driver back in the day on the one I broke until we got the new part.

Ah, that is very surprising, never heard of one coming off like that. Hopefully you can find it. Looks like CCS is temporarily out of stock of the correct part. Not sure what that part on Amazon is for but I doubt it would work for your 108.

Sure looks like the new style one wouldn't fit though. Guess I'll start searching for it when I get home. Or at least after I find my rolling magnet metal picker upper thing first.

I think it came off because when I changed out the broken lift rod it was getting late and I had packed up so much stuff moving to a new house I didn't have any loctite available and then forgot about that till it fell off. Live and learn and sometimes ya learn again and again.

Latest posts

Back