• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Let us not forget

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

till

displayname
Tedd ILL
Today is the 63 anniversary of Pearl Harbor.
I would like to say Thank You to all of the veterans of WWII and the rest of our veterans for hanging it out on the line for all of us.

thumbsup.gif

On this Independence Day, I would just like to note my appreciation to all of you who have served the United States in order to maintain our freedom, regardless of where, when, or under what conditions you served.
Thank you very much.

WOW another year has passed.
I again say "Thank you" to those that served in World War 2

I hope that our current veterans and those serving now have a safe Christmas and Happy New Year.

I was out and about today running errands. Trying to in a sense unwind from things. This past week, I was immensely humbled when what I've posted below was not only read on a prominent Des Moines radio station but, also made the front page of our town paper. I handed it to the paper after their deadline had passed. They said they would review it and try and get it in their paper. The phone lines at the radio station (from what I was told) literally lit up asking for copies. I've protected myself with a copyright. Although I wish each and everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy and Blessed Joys of the Season, I also present to you what I call the softer side of Christmas.

A Soldier’s Promise Kept

(Daddy Will Be Home for Christmas)

I look outside and see the snow falling
and blanketing the ground.
With wide-eyed, child innocence, little sister
sings with the radio in the background.
It’s a new day.

It’s been almost a year since Daddy
had to go away.
Our family hasn’t been the same since
and for Daddy’s safe return we’d pray.

Daddy made a promise that he aimed
to keep.
I reminded God of it every night
before I’d go to sleep.
Daddy said that he’d be home for Christmas.

I remember before he left just how
Mom and baby sister cried.
He stood there so proud and understood
when I couldn’t hold back my tears even though I tried.

Now in the car as Uncle Mike
drives us past those Christmas lights.
Momma breaks down in tears
as a choir on the corner sings, “Silent Night.”

Although little sister is too young
to really understand.
She gives Mom a hug
and tightly holds her hand.
Deep down inside they both know.
Daddy’s kept his promise.

The air is cold as the preacher speaks.
The crack of the guns and the bugle’s echo fades.
Through my tears, I see the white beauty
in the snow as Daddy to rest is laid.

I think of Baby Jesus
as I hold onto Mommy’s hand so tight.
Daddy will be home for Christmas
with Jesus tonight.

© 2005 Marlin Homrighausen

Marlin,
Very Nice!

Best wishs for this Chiistmas form my part of the country to yours.

Very well put Marlin. God bless our troops that are fighting for freedom and can not be with their familys that they have a safe return. Also bless the ones that have given "The Ultimate Sacrifice" to protect the freedoms that we enjoy and wish that others can too someday.

Yet one more year has come and gone.
This day means a lot to me for it was this day that brought us in to World War 2. I know that may other things helped get us involved, but this day was the straw that broke the camels back.

Thank you to all veterans living and passed on for your sacrifice for all of us.

May you all have a safe and Merry <font color="ff0000">Christmas</font> and Happy <font color="119911">New Year</font>!!!!

Pearl Harbor Rememberance Day.

Thank you to all the service men and women past present and future!

Back