• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Let the fun begin

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcook

displayname
Bill Cook
Yesterday morning, I went to my local dealer, and ordered manuals, and some small parts to begin on the 1712.

One of the things I picked up/ordered, was a new seat.

They had 'universal seats' sitting on a table right next to the parts counter....looked PDC to the original type seat...for $45.00. I picked on up, turned it over, and thought..'Hey, it's got like 100 holes in it, it should fit'...Asked the Parts Manager, and I was WRONG! So I had to order the 'correct seat'...it was $95.48
screwloose.gif
I wonder why it was so much more than the 'universal'? Oh well, the new seat is going to be WAY better than the cracked up/junk seat that is on it now
thumbsup_old.gif

Along the same lines:
I bought a replacement seat for my 129 about 20 years ago and although the base is still good, the vinyl has split at the flex points. One of the forum sponsors has replacement seat covers,On this page, but the problem is they list a tall one (with a picture) and a short one for the same price but no picture. The tall one looks like what I've got, but without measurements or a picture of the short one, I'm not sure ..My seat back (measured from the base to the top lip on outside is 13 inches) I also noticed that it says "Michigan Seat Company, Jackson, MI) on the bottom - so this is most likely not OEM, but I don't think it was a universal, as the only bolt pattern was the same as on the U-springs..

(Message edited by kide on February 26, 2006)

Michigan Seat is/was the OEM seat vendor for IH.......They still supply seats to CCC.

Thanks, Ken.. good to know that. Now I really want to get the seat cover rather than replace the whole thing. Do you (or anyone else) know, is the 13 inch tall seat like I've got the "tall" one ? I'm pretty sure that it is - I'm going to order one of the the one's listed , but I don't have anything to compare to (and by the time I get home at night, it's too late to call them)

Back