• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

LEST WE FORGET

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1653906238708.png

Articles like that bring tears to this 57 yr old,like a big ol baby! Alot of that is pride and thankfulness for those who went before me,and some of it is because it's being lost in our nation

Yes, myself included.
I recall the evening we went to see "Saving Private Ryan" when it was released.
When the movie ended, it was quiet as a mouse, one could have heard a pin drop, to quote an old adage.
And for what seemed like a loong time, NO ONE got up, as if they were in deep contemplation or in shock.

What do you see in theaters now???
Just a bunch of crap, just like what 90% of TV is any more.
Those brave men that lost their lives on that day 78 years ago sure as hell did not die in vain at that point in history, but, sadly, that was then......what you see now is today. They are probably rolling in their graves at what has evolved.
D-Day was about 2 months before I was born and the kids I knew when growing up in the early 50's, we all knew then about D-Day, Pearl Harbor etc. Many of our uncles, brothers even dads Had served back then.
Our neighbor down the street, their son a, Marine, won the Medal of Honor.
Google Francis J. Pierce
My oldest brother was aboard ship off the coast of Okinawa during the Kamikaze attacks and a friend of mine, his uncle landed on D-Day.
Rant over,.........for now anyway.

Never met him, knew his parents though.
My brothers knew him.
Heck, I was only 6 months old at the time!!
He moved to MI and was a police officer in Grand Rapids I believe.
He was one fearless Dude from what I have read about him.

Just gives me the chills what many have done to keep us safe. I fear that today a lot do not understand/appreciate or have indeed forgotten.
God rest his soul!

Found in an old scrapbook yesterday
I did not know this bit of info prior to finding this clipping just yesterday.
This fellow lived about 2 blocks from my parents.
Really ironic that I came across this 2 days prior to Pearl Harbor Day.
He also won the Medal of Honor on Okinawa later in the war.
He later went on to be a distinguished member of a city police force in Michigan.

We have a park bench and flag display in his honor in the city park.
God bless them all.
After reading this I feel he should have had 2 MOH awards.

Francis Pierce.jpg

Last edited:
Several programs about it on PBS the last few days.
About the only thing worth watching, all were reruns though from several years ago.
Becoming more and more disillusioned with PBS as of late, the way all their programming is leaning, sorry to say.

Our somewhat local TV station had a story on it on the 5 pm news this evening. Interviewed a few of the WWII vets, had a yellow ribbon for each one on a stage as they were introduced.

Great new documentary from the WWII foundation.
"The Seabees on Iwo Jima"
It's a MUST WATCH in my book!
Sobering account of the battle for Iwo Jima and the part the Seabees played in this crucial action.
Horrific and brutal combat footage, much of it in color.
I just watched in on PBS PassPort, If you have that, just search for the title.
It is broadcast live tonight on our local Iowa PBS stations at 10PM.
I do not know but it may also be available.
Awesome interviews and comments of combat veterans that survived this hellhole.
Must watch for the WWII history buff and a great way to remember "The Greatest Generation"
God bless them all on this Memorial Day weekend.

Great new documentary from the WWII foundation.
"The Seabees on Iwo Jima"
It's a MUST WATCH in my book!
Sobering account of the battle for Iwo Jima and the part the Seabees played in this crucial action.
Horrific and brutal combat footage, much of it in color.
I just watched in on PBS PassPort, If you have that, just search for the title.
It is broadcast live tonight on our local Iowa PBS stations at 10PM.
I do not know but it may also be available.
Awesome interviews and comments of combat veterans that survived this hellhole.
Must watch for the WWII history buff and a great way to remember "The Greatest Generation"
God bless them all on this Memorial Day weekend.
Thank you for posting. I will have to look for that on tv. And you are right, God Bless the Greatest Generation.

Back