• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Leaving Michigan

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbranstetter

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Brian Branstetter
Sorry, been away for awhile not much cub time lately. Got layed off from Benteler Automotive and have been working hard on some new oppertunities. Just got a phone call today that I have a job offer in Wisconson around the Kenoshia area. Probably won't live there but some where near by, I'm not a big city fan. If any one has any good Wisconson information they would like to share please feel free to email me with it, I'd love to hear about it.

Please pray for the family and I. The work situation and lack of money has been very difficult as of late and it's looking like things might just be turning around.

Brian, best wishes, hope it works out well for you. I believe you mean Kenosha not Kenoshia.

Brian B. Kenosha, Wisconsin is home to the Holton Musical Instrument Co. Both my trumpet and fluegelhorn were made there.... many years ago. Pretty neat area. Best wishes on your new job and Angel and I shall be keeping your famly in our prayers.

Brian, welcome to the great state of Wisconsin. I spent a few years growing up in Burlington which is about 30-45 minutes from Kenosha. The rest of my younger years were another 20 minutes away in Elkhorn, home of Holton Horns. I snagged a 123 and 125 fairly cheap from that area years ago. The PO had rebuilt the engine in the 123, ran it for 10 minutes and he said it locked up. After getting it home and checking it out, I put a different s/g on it and fired it up. I still have that s/g sitting here. It is wrapped up so tight inside that I never could start to get it apart.

Brian, Welcome to the BADGER STATE! Maybe we can get a PD started in southern part of the state. I have a # of land owners I have to take the time to inquire about a PD in Dane county (Madison area). Keep us updated with your progress ...

Thank you

It may be a while before I find a safe place to store my cub in the area but I hope to have a home for it soon after moving. I would sure hate to miss my regular schedule of plow days and all the cool snow removal pics. I'll try and keep you all up to date.

UPDATE.

A few pics of the new plant that I'll be assinged to. A week in Grand Rapids and then to Kenosha.

Plant enterance
162980.jpg

Looking west toward the front entrance
162981.jpg

Mechanical room
162982.jpg

Emergancy power and lots of it
162983.jpg

Employee break area
162984.jpg

No shortage of loading docks, right around 90 doors
162985.jpg

Well, I'm back. First few weeks went well for the family and I. Wisconsin is different but very pretty and quite rural over all. Can't wait to find a parking spot for the Cub in Wi.

Brian - Glad to hear the move went well and you're getting settled in at the new job. Scary times, but it seems things are looking up for you now. Congratulations.

I suppose it's too soon to get time off for the fall Plow Day at Montrose, MN on Oct 10th, huh?

Brian B. It's good to hear that you are geting settled in. Thank You for the update.
happy.gif

Well packing up the tool box to take to work today. Got some seat time on the Cub with getting the yard mowed in MI, that was worth the drive alone. More good news, the new apartment has a very deep garage. Enough for the wifes car and the Cub!
groupwave.gif
Just goes to show that all is not lost.

Update:

Got moved into the new apartment in Union Grove over Labor Day, so much for taking it easy that weekend.lol. Already into the home strech of my 60 days at GFS and things are going well.

It's been disappointing to see the old house empty out but I know there is a better plan at work here. A bit of a bright spot this weekend though, brought the Cub home to it's new garage, tiny but out of the weather. Maybe I can get some quality repair work done now that I won't have a home to work on so much.

Here is a few inside pics of my new job.

Truck loaders
169650.jpg

Decline
169651.jpg

More declines
169652.jpg

Belt curve
169653.jpg

Sorter
169654.jpg

New sign for the plant
169655.jpg

New lift trucks, 45 ft to the top!
169656.jpg

Brian, that's quite the place! I'm surprised they allow photos to be taken, lots of larger companies frown on that. Good to hear that you're getting settled in.

Back