• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Leaf sweeper conversion. From useless to useful.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul_CC149

IHCC Supporter
There are a bunch of leaf sweepers driven by pair of gears linked to plastic wheels.
They don't last much, as result of plastic gears strip over a short period of time.
Here is a conversion idea: 3.5HP engine, chain and pair of sprockets plus a pair of real wheels
- all it takes to turn it from useless to useful.

useless to useful.

Attachments

• Sweeper_Front.jpg
    Sweeper_Front.jpg
    738.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Nice work Paul.

Hmmmm, I almost bit the bullet and bought an Agri-Fab sweeper this fall, glad I didn't now, I really don't need another project. The old 30 inch PARKER sweeper I had was well built, took years for the frame that supported the basket to start breaking, the brushes and wheels never did really wear out, even after I stuck over 200# of weights on the drive wheels to keep them turning.
The 129 was the right tractor to pull that Parker sweeper, fast enough but not too fast.
A small gasoline engine to turn the brushes solves all kinds of problems with them.

Latest posts

Back