• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Kohler K90

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPrattico

displayname
Cubcadet_107
Picked this little thing up yesterday for $50 at a Flea Market. She's an early one! I believe the K90 was the smallest engine in the K series. Don't see very many of them around either. After cleaning the points and cleaning the fuel system, it runs surprisingly well. Don't know what I'm gonna do with it but I'm glad I bought it! :errrr:

GOPR0215.JPG
GOPR0214.JPG
GOPR0213.JPG
GOPR0212.JPG
GOPR0211.JPG
GOPR0210.JPG

Hah! Gary, I didn't have one in my collection before yesterday :errrr: . Don't really think I can let this one go! You can have whatever pile of leftover Clinton 700a parts I've got after I finish building one good Clinton out of the two I have!

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure exactly what this engine was used for. It has the setup for a throttle cable, although I currently have it spring loaded to stay running at idle. It doesn't really look like it ever had a gearbox out the back, but I guess you never know. Carburetor is the original Carter model N, which cleaned up really well.

Another interesting note, I made a gasket for the glass sediment bowl with a piece of a blown tire tube, and by some miracle it doesn't leak!

JP, looking again,I might have one minus the tank..Mine is a 4 hp.I thought the out put end on yours looked like a bolt setup for an add on...gear box to chain drive ??? I have 4 clintons ,thanks tho...neat find!!

I had a K90 on an early 50's Tiger Tractor, the "Cub" model of all things. It was a crudely built machine but it would pull a turning plow or blade snow when required. It couldn't do either very quickly tho'... :cool:

Well, in an unexpected turn of events, the magneto coil died and this engine ended up with battery ignition. Wanted to replace the coil, and bought A replacement too, but apparently I have a different magneto setup and the replacement coil does not fit under the flywheel. Unfortunate, but oh well. Still runs good on battery ignition so I'm ok with it.

Back