• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Kohler CH16 (Cub 2166) carb linkage

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chancey47

I bought a used Kohler engine that reportedly came from a Cub Cadet. I am doing a repower on an old Bolens. The engine is a Kohler CH16, single cylinder, horizontal crank, and from my research it is off of a Cub 2166. I am having difficulty figuring out the control linkages to the carb. The throttle linkage is pretty straightforward, but the choke linkage is where I am having problems. There are a multitude of clamps and levers on the governor linkage and the underside of the air cleaner housing. I am putting new cables on, can anybody send me a photo or diagram of the correct control linkage configuration? From my research, the throttle and choke cables were separate on this engine. Thanks!

I hope this will work for you. It's a page from the manual for my 2155, but also covers he 2165. might be close enough.

Attachments

• Cable Adjustment.pdf
    728.3 KB · Views: 560
I hope this will work for you. It's a page from the manual for my 2155, but also covers he 2165. might be close enough.
Chris, The diagram looks familiar, probably will give me the necessary information. I have had to mount the engine backward to how it was mounted in the CUB, so It is going to take some time (and a lot of head tipping) to figure out the cable routing. Thanks for taking the time to help out, I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back