• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Kohler 241 Rebuild/Restore

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayF

displayname
Baker6x6
I just completed a rebuild of the K241 10HP engine for my Cub 108. It received: New camshaft, used crank, Gaskets, new aftermarket carb, thorough cleaning and paint. I also had many parts zinc-electroplated years ago.
The upper cylinder (fins) were painted with POR-15 black engine paint, and the block was epoxy primed, and finished in a custom-mix Cub yellow acrylic enamel. (I had a spare gallon of school bus yellow, and I tinted it to match). All the tins were stripped, bead-blasted, epoxy primed, and painted.
I didn't get many pics of the assembly... as it went together so quick. My hands were oily, so I didn't take any pictures. She's installed and I've been testing and adjusting everything. Still have a few concerns to be posted in other threads.
DSC03539.JPG
DSC03542.JPG
DSC03545.JPG
DSC03549.JPG
DSC03556.JPG
DSC03557.JPG
20200412_160211.jpg
20200424_083720.jpg
20200424_090422.jpg
20200426_104945.jpg

Yeah... the engine had been apart so long... I didn't know any better... :rolleyes:
It looked like a machined surface for some sort of gasket...

Latest posts

Back