• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Kirks transdenser K17 true accounts

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,
How did you get it to roll over like that so you could put the heater on?

1674323302745.png

Thanks, I have that already. When I anticipate overnight snow, I set a timer for about 2 hours before I want to use the machine. I like to finish the driveway before 6:00. I like to get the driveway and a chunk of the street cleared before the Town plow comes and piles snow where it shouldn't be.
Opening a can of worms here and you do your thing but where do you think the town plow guy is supposed to put the snow. In everyone else’s driveway because you have yours all cleared up and it’s not your snow. I would prefer to have my street plowed and safe for my family and if needed the ambulance or fire trucks to be able to get to my house and neighbors. I worked for the city and state in Colorado when I was younger and guys like you I would make sure that you got plenty of snow right where it needed to be. And that’s why I leave the gutter and edge of road until he does the job your taxes pay him to do and then clean that up. And that’s my way.

Opening a can of worms here and you do your thing but where do you think the town plow guy is supposed to put the snow. In everyone else’s driveway because you have yours all cleared up and it’s not your snow. I would prefer to have my street plowed and safe for my family and if needed the ambulance or fire trucks to be able to get to my house and neighbors. I worked for the city and state in Colorado when I was younger and guys like you I would make sure that you got plenty of snow right where it needed to be. And that’s why I leave the gutter and edge of road until he does the job your taxes pay him to do and then clean that up. And that’s my way.
You don't know where I live! You don't know my scenario! By me getting up and moving the snow keeps the town from leaving snowing my driveway. Where I push the snow as I exit my driveway does not affect anyone. I'm not an ass.

You don't know where I live! You don't know my scenario! By me getting up and moving the snow keeps the town from leaving snowing my driveway. Where I push the snow as I exit my driveway does not affect anyone. I'm not an ass.
You’re right I don’t know where you live and doesn’t matter. Just my own opinion.

Jake, I think you may have misunderstood what Tony was stating he does with the snow. I don't believe that he is pushing it out into the street, such that the county or town plow will push it into a neighbor's driveway. I believe he is just clearing the roadway near his driveway and moving that snow into the ditch just like the plow truck would do, where as the plow truck would deposit some of that snow into his driveway.

For the record, if the plow hasn't already been past my place, I will also clear the roadway near my driveway so that the plow will have emptied of snow by the time it gets to my driveway. With my snow thrower I toss it well into the ditch, leaving none in the roadway. The snow that has fallen into my driveway it thrown into my yard, none of it is moved into the roadway, except for what little might fall off of my tires or the snow thrower housing when I am clearing around the end of my driveway. I live out in the country with plenty of distance between driveways. I also clear out around the ends of my neighbor's driveways on each side of me and around their mailboxes on a regular basis. I have wondered if any plow truck drivers take any pleasure in plowing peoples driveways shut, or if they dislike me clearing a portion of the roadway.

Jake, I think you may have misunderstood what Tony was stating he does with the snow. I don't believe that he is pushing it out into the street, such that the county or town plow will push it into a neighbor's driveway. I believe he is just clearing the roadway near his driveway and moving that snow into the ditch just like the plow truck would do, where as the plow truck would deposit some of that snow into his driveway.

For the record, if the plow hasn't already been past my place, I will also clear the roadway near my driveway so that the plow will have emptied of snow by the time it gets to my driveway. With my snow thrower I toss it well into the ditch, leaving none in the roadway. The snow that has fallen into my driveway it thrown into my yard, none of it is moved into the roadway, except for what little might fall off of my tires or the snow thrower housing when I am clearing around the end of my driveway. I live out in the country with plenty of distance between driveways. I also clear out around the ends of my neighbor's driveways on each side of me and around their mailboxes on a regular basis. I have wondered if any plow truck drivers take any pleasure in plowing peoples driveways shut, or if they dislike me clearing a portion of the roadway.
Ok my bad and I do understand about not pushing it out into the street or road and into the yard and my comment is about if you open up your driveway you just made a spot for the whole blade of snow to release in to your driveway making it seem like the plow driver picking on you and putting the snow where it doesn’t belong and he is not,he is just trying to do his job.

Ok my bad and I do understand about not pushing it out into the street or road and into the yard and my comment is about if you open up your driveway you just made a spot for the whole blade of snow to release in to your driveway making it seem like the plow driver picking on you and putting the snow where it doesn’t belong and he is not,he is just trying to do his job.

I am grateful when the plow goes by, huge respect for those guys and/or gals that do that job!

On a related topic, in a town near where I live earlier this winter an apology was given by the town for their plow truck driver(s) having plowed down a bunch of trash cans. Not certain of the details, could have been an inexperienced driver, or could have been one with a bad attitude. Also, for the first time in 30+ years of living here my trash can ended up in the ditch a few weeks back due to the snow plow hitting it. Thankfully the garbage truck had already been by so it was empty.

Hard to say. The windrow off the plow will take out cans also. They don’t necessary have to hit them. The city where I worked people were told not to put trash cans in the street. They would do it anyway. It was impossible for drivers not to knock those cans over. Drivers would keep a list of cans in the street for their own protection. If it was on record people put cans in the street and they called and complained they were reminded of the rules.

Back