• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

K321 exhaust valve

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allenpatterson

displayname
Allen Patterson
Would an original K321 engine in the 1450's have the larger 1 3/8" exhaust valve or is it still the smaller 1 1/8" valve? I'm not very clear on when Kohler made the change but do know that at some point size was increased on the later engines. Also wondering if the cylinder heads interchanged or if they were different for the later engines with the larger exhaust valve?

The Cub parts look up says the valve changed in the 149 at serial number 438962. The later 149s and the 1450 take the same valve so I would assume all K341AQS engines have the larger valve. The heads changed with the same serial number. The newer head could be used with the older engines but required a baffle change.

The Cub parts look up says the valve changed in the 149 at serial number 438962. The later 149s and the 1450 take the same valve so I would assume all K341AQS engines have the larger valve. The heads changed with the same serial number. The newer head could be used with the older engines but required a baffle change.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I have a 1450 parts tractor and wanted to use the head off that engine on an older engine that for sure has the smaller exhaust valve. By baffle I assume you're talking about the tin piece on top of the head and having to change that because of the different spark plug location?

Back