• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

K321 Crank

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0EDF1C5E-73F9-4F75-8B86-73D1F72CC271.png

Well if anyone has a clutch off a K301 can you measure the crank for me. From the outside case out. Or Just a K301 on a shelf. I would appreciate

On a K241 10hp the crank is 3” long from the outside of the case and is 2-5/8” out from the taper.

Steve - the other thing you could do is look up the part number for a crankshaft in a 122. I did and the part number is KH-47-142-30. Then all you have to do is look thru all the photos you posted and WALAA, there it is on the next to last photo. You can see the dimensions. It's just as I thought, 1" diameter 3" long from where the taper starts.

Photos of the K241 crank end.

From the case to the end of the crank:

K241 Crank_01.jpg

From the end of the taper to the end of the crank:

K241 Crank_02.jpg

That long crank has threads on the one end for a pulley. I’ll bet that is the service motor crank

Steve - the threads on the other end of the crank are indeed for a pulley. It's that little cup pulley on all IH Cub Cadets. Install the cup pulley next to the flywheel, then the washer and then the nut to hold everything on.

By the way, the 1" diameter by 3" long crankshaft output (where the PTO is installed), is standard on all IH Cub Cadets with a Kohler K series 10hp-16hp engine (I don't know about the 7-8hp).

Steve,
Ken is still building a mini bike...and that would be cool, but a 122 will be better.

122 mower PTO will need the long shaft if it is 1" diameter x 2-3/4"-3" long (I forget the exact length needed) on the end missing from the other cranks.

yeppers... was still on the mini bike lol...
but agreed on longer output side...
taping out . cookies get messed up with many hands lol

Back