• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

K321 Crank

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The third crank in the pic i bought. on Ebay. Because nobody knows what’s going on. I think the crank with bearing should work? I need help making decisions

Steve,

I've lost track. Have you decided what this engine is going into? Will you be mowing? Doesn't the mower PTO need that long snout (1" dia. x 2-3/4ish IIRC)? It's been a long time since I messed with those singles, but I think that is the shaft you will need.

1st or 2nd from top... short shaft. but before gettin it touched up.. check for clutchs ... make sure u can get clutch setup for that shaft.

IMO you'd want to use the third one with the longer output shaft, I'm not sure you could run a PTO on the ones with the shorter output shafts. Then again, perhaps you can? This is where my experience is lacking. I don't know the difference in a Quiet line.

IMO you'd want to use the third one with the longer output shaft, I'm not sure you could run a PTO on the ones with the shorter output shafts. Then again, perhaps you can? This is where my experience is lacking. I don't know the difference in a Quiet line.
iam not 100% sure. but last i knew he was mini biking the motor. if so i would think short shaft as no pto no more. look back u will see frame... but again last i knew. as of todays date and time. lol no clue ..

LOL! OK I’m making you guys crazy here.K301 is what i have. Figured that much. First Generation. Older model. This was a “service motor” . It had a funky pulley on it. Like for a pump. So i assumed the longer crank was a service crank. Foreign to you cub guys. I am gonna throw this in my 122.
so i was hoping the clutch from that motor could be used on this rebuild.
Since My cub is a 1966. I’m assuming it’s a First Generation Kohler.

Steve,
Ken is still building a mini bike...and that would be cool, but a 122 will be better.

122 mower PTO will need the long shaft if it is 1" diameter x 2-3/4"-3" long (I forget the exact length needed) on the end missing from the other cranks.

To run this engine in the 122, you will most definitely need the longer crankshaft. The shorter ones would not have enough length to fit both the starter generator pulley and the PTO.

As for the bearing still on one of them, sometimes the bearings will stay in the block or backing plate, and other times they may pull out with the crankshaft. I don't think I've ever seen the bearing that's in the block come out with the crankshaft, but the one in the backing plate isn't as tight a fit and may come out of the backing plate. I prefer to keep the bearing in the backing plate if possible, makes things a bit easier to work on imo.

I'm pretty certain the correct crankshaft for all 10-16hp Kohler K series engines, to be used in an IH Cub Cadet, must have a 1" diameter x 3" long output shaft. Having said that there is only 1 crank in the photo that Steven can use.
(I'm certain it has to be 1" diameter, but same as Jim K, I'm not certain whether the length is 2 3/4" or 3". Someone on here has got to know the correct length).

A8E45404-0DB6-4E56-87FF-CC91684089DC.png

Back