• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

K321 Crank

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, you got that right! Unless it’s a Tecumseh. I don’t get along with those.

Could you add a drain plug?

Steve - we need more pics.
I suspect the drain plug could be on the side like the 7hp engines, but from what I can see in the pics posted so far the pan style looks alot like the pan on a 10hp K241 so there still should be a drain plug on the bottom.

And Steve, the 10hp K241 used in the Cub Cadets had a flat pan (doesn't have the dished extension like a K301, K321, K341) and because of the flat pan it uses a connecting rod that has a really short dipper on it. The pan does need to be the correct height used for a Cub Cadet in order for the driveshaft to align correct, and for the belts to adjust correctly on the basket pulley PTO clutch.

I will get pics of the connecting rod and piston..20 over. And everything should be replaced. I need a builder to look at it and get it mic

B17584F2-1666-43F5-ADDF-C8BC2AE6F027.jpeg

That doesn’t sound safe to spin a known-cracked, heavy mass up to 3600 rpm between your legs to find out.

But who knows, maybe they all crack there-just a little.

That sounds like D. Kirk question.

Steve - if there is any chance of a crack in your flywheel I'd definitely change it. There are lots of used flywheels around and pretty cheap. If you run your current flywheel and it does have a crack, and eventually EXPLODES you are definitely putting yourself at risk, and any others that may be around you.

my 2 cents will now worth about 6 cents with the cost of wood goin up lol ..

shelf it . sit back take a few days. pros cons what i need what i want so on ..
as it was said before basic machine shop work. around avg 200... thats punch the bore and grind crank only.
20 over could be 1 of 2 things. it was so bad that 10 over wouldnt work. or they just said heck with it and went 20 over.
it has at least one left in it i would think at 30 over. but thats after specing bore and piston if it needs it.
as for oil pan. find out the mounting hole area.. the thinkness there.. from block to frame side of hole. it might be same as deep oil pans just not deep in the middle.. i dont know.. just tossing that out there. but that adds . do i want to run it with that lil oil mowing or what ever your goin to do with it in summer heat. that deep pan helps cool oil more.

the dipstick issue.. have to find the cam gear cover with the dipstick in it. then adjust for that pan . or replace pan and cam gear cover.

also said no SG adjustment arm hole. to me sort of ends it rite there.. shelf it or off it as is ... your not goin to want to try and put one in there. OR.... bein bad flywheel.. switch to starter on flywheel... that adds changing the backing plate. i think... as you now would have to put a coil behind the flywheel for your charging and such .

i say build a minibike around it lol

last year i rebuilt a 301 10 over crank to 10 under machine shop . that was 200. parts i added.. piston , rod , valves , bearings. i was at around total 700ish.. no it wasnt kohler piston and rod. wasnt able to aford them lol . i know stupid but it happens. seems ok so far.

do you really want to put money and time into it knowing chance it wont be rite ??
your in pitts area. iam sure north of you with a hour or 2 drive theres 100s of 301 and up ... check CL and FB. i know lower ny near the poconos is a guy with tons of stuff.
hope not out of bounds. just tossing the good bad ugly out there. this is lots of money if you think about ..

i could be off base.. so grain of salt as they say lol ..

not sure what area you can put the build in on here so we all can have fun with ya.. but for sure post link here..

frame looks tall enough from top rail to bottom rail . lil added gusits < spelling lol ...
yeahhhhhhhhhh nasa we have clear for launch .....

Back