• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

K321 Crank

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody i know is giving me a K321 Fully rebuilt. Just needs a crank . The crank he has for this motor is designed to work with a pump. So i’m looking for a Good used one that is cut already. Hoping it was cut by a Reputable machine shop. Thinking of putting this in my 122. I think that would be cool

I have a 149. But the 122 seems to be Cooler. I may change mind. But very happy to fall into this find. Still a little shocked. That i git this lucky

Actually, IF you swap the flywheel and shroud on the K321 over for the smaller flywheel and shroud on the k301 in the 122, then the k321 will fit. Nothing too difficult if you already have to pull the engine apart for a replacement crankshaft. But be sure you got a good puller!!

I would also suggest studying the Engine build and balancing writings of David Kirk (Kirk Engines box at top of page) and consider his crank balance plate. I built a 126 with a 14 horse block, and 12 horse flywheel as described. It was awesome-until my wife moved us to a postage stamp sized lot with a pool covering most of that.

Good idea! I finally gave in again to my case of yellow fever and bought a 782 project. I may do just that once I get it operational.

782. Yes cool, but I'm having buyer's remorse of a sort. I've grown up an IH enthusiast, but now I've enthusiast-ed myself right into an off-topic tractor since it's a CCC-made machine.

I may live far away, but I've been working in Cleveland, and I think I may drive one week to maximize my Cub Cadet options. Wexford isn't nearly as far from Cleveland as it is from St. Louis.

So, this mystery 321 was mounted on a pump of some kind?
.A cobble job or an OEM installation?
Make sure the pan is the correct one to fit a Cub 109 then.
IMHO, a 147 outclasses a 109 any day, last of the NF's and the 1st of the 14 HP Cubs.

Hey Steve - you just gotta get this stuff figured out. IH changed to a wide frame so the 14hp and 16hp engines would fit (instead of using that notched frame like they did on a 147), So, the only way a K321 (14hp) is going to fit in a 122 is if you change the flywheel and shroud to the 12hp version (as has been stated) or if you cut up the frame to allow the original flywheel and shroud to fit.

Now, I really don't agree with Dave's opinion on a 109 vs. 147, but to each his own. If I had my choice of these 2 tractors I'd take the 109, primarily because I just don't like the electric lift that was standard on the 147. And the 147 doesn't have the center removable frame cover. The only other thing going for it, is that it has lights as standard. Now, a 109 is a nice tractor, light weight hydro with the 10hp engine (and the funky green stripe hood decal). You can drop a K321 (14hp) engine directly in place of the 10hp as long as the K321 has the correct base, and hopefully the correct crank for the S/G basket pulley and PTO. The 109 is standard with armstrong (manual) lift so it won't have a ported hydro pump that you would have on a 149 and that you need if you want the infamous CC wide frame HYDRO Lift. So yes, there are pros and cons between the 147 and 109. If I was you and the 109 needs a replacement engine I'd certainly be looking to drop in the K321, and I'd be looking for a ported Hydro pump and all the HYDRO lift parts, and the headlights and tail lights so you could make it one of the best Cub Cadets ever built - THE 149.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And one more thing. You started this thread looking for a Crank for a K321 (14hp). You do need to make sure you get one that is for a Cub Cadet design. The Part No. is KH-45-142-25. It's also the same crank used in the 16hp Kohler K341 for the Cub Cadet 169 and 1650. (I did see a place that has a brand new one for $600. That is EXPENSIVE).

Last edited:
C7A13ACA-6A4F-440F-8D6A-AA9DFE71CF71.jpeg

Back