• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

K301 Resto

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenovick1

2FCF8894-4987-4F68-9467-54EE8CB5D50C.jpeg

Gol darn it Steve - there's a problem in River City.
Your thread title says K301. The Flywheel Shroud you painted looks to be for a K301AQS (electric starter engine) since it has that expanded area for a bendix starter gear. I don't think it will work with a Starter/Generator (S/G) if that's what you're planning.
Your flywheel doesn't have the ring gear on it so I just don't know what starting method (Starter/Generator or Bendix Starter) you're planning to use.
Ooh, and your oil pan is not an IH Cub Cadet version. If you try to use it in a Cub Cadet I believe you'll discover that dished pan is right where the frame cross member is for the front axle. Here's a pic of a standard dished (deep sump) pan for an IHCC unit. This dished pan sits right up next to the frame cross member when the engine is installed. Your pan has the dish in the middle which is why it won't work.
CC deep sump oil pan.jpg

...but they all look pretty...

Nice work. What are you planning to put together?

Steve -
Learn some ‘n everyday

Well, that's part of what we're here for. If ya can't learn it with the booking readin' method then we'll just beat it into ya :)

The flywheel does need to match up with the shroud. Kohler used a couple different style screens so you'll need the flywheel and shroud that match up to the mounting holes for the screen on the flywheel. The higher hp AQS engines had a screen that mounted external to the shroud and were slightly larger than the big hole in the center of the shroud. Not real sure if the 12hp AQS had this style but think so. The earlier non-AQS engines had a couple styles of screens that mounted to the flywheel and these screens were just slightly smaller than that big hole in the center of the shroud. So you gotta make sure you match them up.

Back