• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

K241 connecting rod/crank

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kashaver

displayname
Kelvin Shaver
I just took apart the K241 in a '100' I bought in '18. I had it running then and remember as having a 'knock', especially at idle and part throttle. I was expecting to grind the crank .010 and put a new rod in. What I find is the crank is actually .012 under (1.488) and the new-looking rod is already a .010 under. (well I am guessing about the rod, I haven't checked it.) MY questions:

1. What are my options as far as making a fit between the rod and crank? Is a .020 rod available? What are your thoughts about just filing the cap until it 'Plastigauges' at .001? I don't expect it to do any real work again while it belongs to me.

2. Can anyone tell me the torque specs. for the rod? This is the rod with studs and nuts. I know the spec. is different for a rod with bolts and a rod with nuts. For my reference, Can you tell me specs. for rods with both bolts and Nuts?

Thanks!
Kshaver

There are aftermarket 0.020" undersize rods available. All torque specs are in the service manual that is a free download from Kohler's website.

Latest posts

Back